eight

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿:alfie solomons

alfie solomons

DAYS WENT BY WITHOUT MAGGIE addressing a single word to Tommy. When he walked in the room, she would ignore or simply walk away. When he would try to ask for her opinion at the Company, she would shrug her shoulders and tell them later to Lizzie, Ada, or Polly. When Charles would ask them both to be in the same room, Margaret would make up a stupid excuse to not spend the evening with him.

Margaret wasn't even sure of how she felt. A mix of emotions. Anger, sadness, hate, love? She didn't even know anymore. The woman found herself smoking a little more, a way to somehow evacuate all the stress she had been receiving. Having bad blood between Tommy and she wasn't probably the best idea right now, considering the situation with the Italians.

Late at night, she would go in the kitchen without making any noise and would drink his stupid gin because women loved gin. And she noticed he would add a bottle as soon as he saw an empty one, somehow making her understand he still wanted to take care of her in his own twisted way.

"Are you fucking serious, Ada?" Exclaimed Maggie.

The women sat in the betting shop as Ada rambled on how Margaret needed to go see Thomas, which left the Kegley woman shocked. Lizzie, Polly, and Linda laughed out loud seeing Margaret's face at Ada's request.

Ada opened her mouth, her arms in the air as she demanded help to the women around her, "Do I look like I'm fucking joking, Maggie? Thomas needs you by his side."

"Or Lady Carleton." Muttered Lizzie earning a bad look from Margaret. "Thought Maggie was going to kill her last week. She even left a check for the Grace Institute."

Polly chuckled, "How much?"

"Left it blank. Filled it for 'er." Mumbled Lizzie smoking.

Margaret laughed, clapping her hands together as she looked over at Lizzie, "How much?"

Polly walked over the desk and grabbed the piece of paper and read it out loud, "Ten thousands? Holy fuck."

Lizzie simply shrugged before grabbing the piece of paper again and put it back on the hard surface.  Margaret looked over at Ada, and for a moment she considered what the Thorne woman had been talking about.

It was as if he heard her thoughts, and she found herself looking up as Thomas Shelby walked in the shop. His cold blue eyes darted towards Margaret and for a second, they softened as she finally stared into his eyes and didn't avoid him.  He cleared his throat, going over to his sister, and taking her on the side as Maggie reconsidered talking to him.