six

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲:mr

mr. shelby

IF YOU HAD ASKED MARGARET KEGLEY two years ago where she saw herself in the future, never she would have answered: in Small Heath again.  And, definitely not with Tommy's son waking her up.  Not that she minded, to be honest.  Maggie was the Eldest Kegley which meant she sometimes had to take care of her brothers, but she quite enjoyed the company of children.

Charles sat on the edge of her bed, wearing a cheeky smile, "Morning, Maggie!" He cheered and she noticed he sounded happier, less shy.

"Morning, little one." Smiled Maggie, sitting up and put her back against the cold headboard behind her. "How did you make your way in here, eh?"

Charles giggled, showing the door, "Daddy opened it for me." He admitted and Margaret hummed.

"Come here, Charlie." Spoke the woman as she patted the bedsheets next to her. Charles slowly crawled next to the woman and sat next to her, Maggie's hand immediately found Charles' hair as she started to ruffle it. "How did you sleep? Bedtime story was good?"

Charles nodded his head and Margaret arched an eyebrow, "I loved it!" He exclaimed clapping his hands together.

"Ye are lying, Charles. You fell asleep before I could tell the end." Teased Margaret as he looked away ashamed she noticed, the brunette cupped his face with a smile as she looked at his blue eyes— the same as Tommy. "I'm joking, sweetheart. I will read it again tonight, all right?"

Charles furiously nodded as the door opened, revealing Thomas already dressed.  His mouth slightly opened as he noticed Maggie was only wearing a nightgown, who showed a lot more skin than what her casual dresses used to show.  Tommy had seen her earlier peacefully sleeping, he couldn't help himself but let his eyes on her for a few seconds before leaving a kiss on his son's forehead and disappearing.

He cleared his throat tilting his head towards the two as Charles wore a giant smile, and Maggie seemed to have one too, "Having fun, eh?"

Charles hummed at his father's statement as Maggie turned her head the other way, smiling at Tom, "Yep, we were talking about how he fell asleep last night, eh? Poor boy was exhausted, couldn't keep an eye open." Chuckled the woman as she tickled Charles' tummy and his laughter echoed through the whole room.

"Hope you don't mind." Added Tommy pointing at his son who seemed distracted by Maggie's hand, and that beauty stop on her wrist—  the Shelby man would do anything to touch it himself. "I felt early this morning, and I didn't have the time to call in for someone." He admitted.

Maggie shrugged as Thomas offered her a cigarette but she refused, "Not around your son." Kindly beamed the woman and he hummed, throwing his away. "And it's all right, it really is. It's a good yet surprising way to wake up."