seven

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿: women liked gin

women liked gin

WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN WHEN someone fell for the broken person? The so feared man who had hell of a reputation with a broken heart and the fearless woman ready to pick up the piece of his heart one by one... if it was what she had to do to finally have him whole to herself. Margaret was the only woman who after all these months had been able to make her way to the cold hearted Shelby man, who had been able to make him laugh and even managed to steal a genuine smile.

Once again, what was supposed to happen? Was the woman supposed to love him with her whole person? That meant either way she was going to be happy until the end of the time or end up just like he used to be. Alone, sad, and mostly broken.  

Maggie wouldn't admit but kissing Thomas somehow made her feel butterflies, the kind of ones you had when you were in love or when you started to be. And she couldn't help about how stupid she must have looked— shy smile, flushed cheeks, eyes half closed as she appreciated his touch on her face.

And things couldn't get better. They went home, spoke, even laughed a little. Margaret prepared dinner and the three of them were around the table. Just them. Charles, Tommy, and Maggie. Sometimes Margaret felt like she was replacing Grace, Thomas' ex wife, then she remembered how good people described Grace's motherhood— and she knew she would want Charles to have someone to look up, to speak to, to play with. At least that was what Margaret would have wanted if she ever had a kid of hers.

"Morning." Spoke Thomas with a husky voice as he leaned against her door frame, his blue eyes ranking the woman. "I just wanted to let you know I'm leaving for the office."

Margaret hummed bowing her head, "All right then." Smiled the woman, feeling a lot more comfortable around the man now. Almost as if they kind of broke the tension yesterday. "I will just keep myself busy today."

"Be careful, eh?" He seriously told her pointing a finger at the woman. He walked in and made his way towards the bed. "You hear me?"

She gulped, "Yeah. Yeah." She muttered as he leaned down gently kissing her and when he pulled away, she swore she could kiss his lips for hours. He left the room as she was now alone.

The woman walked over to the dresser, pulling out a white suit as she thought how pretty it looked. She gently curled her hair, not too much— she didn't feel like it today. Her green eyes stared at herself in the mirror before sighing and leaving the house, of course, her gun still on her.

She walked to the boxing training room, her nose slightly scrunched at the smell. It was even more horrible than outside in Small Heath, sweat and God knew what.

"Bonnie Gold?" Shouted Margaret as she watched all the rings, a man stepped in front of her struggling to find the words. Probably trying to say how women weren't allowed in here, but before he could talk— Bonnie Gold and Aberama Gold stepped on the side, smiling at the woman. "There you are!" Cheered Maggie, going over them.