"Soobin you are still young and you clearly have no idea how the world works, let alone the underworld." Seokjin told him sharply before turning to face Jungkook again, who was now looking down,"There are traitors everywhere and your almighty leader nim here knows exactly what im talking about, don't you Jungkook?"

"Hyung what are you talking about? We don't understand... anything." Namjoon looked beside him at Yoongi and Hoseok who nodded along, faces etched with nothing but more and more confusion.

"Jungkook will tell you himself, won't you? Oh wait let me ask him then... what were you doing on the day of the attack leader-nim? When the fleet of cops raided your hideout, killed your men, where were you? I clearly remember Taehyung "the traitor" trying to call you again and again for help but you didn't receive his calls, were you busy doing something?"

Jungkook froze at the older's questions. If the color on his face hadn't drained before, it clearly had now as he watched Seokjin like he was some ghost. The older only smirked in return.

"Was that something... fucking your step brother's girlfriend for favours, yes?" Everyone gasped out at the revelation, eyes flying to their boss who flinched and stood there like a deer caught in headlights. Soobin slowly turned to look at his leader, an expression a mixture of shock and disappointment covering his face.

"Your father visited me while i was in prison." Seokjin informed him, noticing the confusion on his face,"turns out old prick can't stop bitching about his son. But lucky for us he spouted some golden information which would otherwise have been simply brushed under the rug."

Jungkook hung his head low, suddenly feeling as if all eyes were on him. His heartbeat sped up and form cowered slightly.

They were watching him, staring him down.

Shocked, disappointed, contemptuous gazes, all on him.

Just the way he knew he deserved to be looked at.

"Jungkook..." the oldest began, voice softer as he turned to face him again, "Not only are you lying to us but you are also lying to yourself. Do you know why you really asked to kill Taehyung?"

When the ravenette didn't answer, head still hung lower than ever, Seokjin sighed and glanced at the others who were already staring at him with sorrow and hurt.

"Taehyung didn't die because he betrayed you or something, you killed him because of your own guilt. You were guilty that you let such a big attack go down because of your carelessness and couldn't handle taking the entire blame. You were so consumed by it that you couldn't see anything. Taehyung was a previous cop and therefore an easy target, with some jumbled up call records who could've been made by literally anybody, but you didn't dig deep into it. You didn't inquire the hows and whys. You just went with what came to your mind first, all because of your own fucking guilt."

The gangster let out a small gasp, stumbling a little to the back as he heart finally started weighing him down. He felt cold, and small. Giving Taehyung a chance? Digging deep? Why hadn't he done that?

Had he really--

No!

What had he done?!

Seokjin took a few steps closer to Jungkook's slightly shivering form, the former's face finally showing an emotion other than anger.

Pity.

"You started pushing Taehyung away because you were scared. And insecure. You were scared because you were falling for him and when he just said he missed home you freaked out that he was going to leave you just like the others did. You were insecure that he didn't want you and could rightfully walk out of your life anytime and you would have no control over it, am i right? You started sleeping around and avoiding him not once caring about how he felt on being cast aside. Then all of this happened and i bet Taehyung needed you to trust him once but you didn't. You ordered his execution without a second thought. Tell us the truth... was it because you thought it was better to have him dead than live away from you?"