Stay with me

Description: After a tough case, JJ needs something to take her mind off of it and Emily shows up just in time.

JJ sat in the back of the Suburban she pulled her long blonde hair back securing it with a ponytail the siren blared as Derek weaved in and out of traffic. They had been tracking this guy from Denver to Boulder, and now they finally had him pinned down in a house in Breckenridge. JJ threw on her vest and handed Emily hers.

"Hold on," Derek called over his shoulder whipping the truck around a corner.

Emily wasn't ready and she flew across the seat slamming into JJ. They looked at each other and started laughing. Sometimes they just needed to find the humor in the little things especially with the horror they see on a daily basis.

They pulled up to the house several local police cars were already there. Derek squealed the truck to a stop. JJ braced herself on the Rossi's seat in front of her shooting Emily a look like 'really Derek?' Emily smiled back in agreement. All four doors on the Suburban opened almost in unison the agents hopped out and made their way over to the cops.

"What do we got?" Derek asked the sheriff.

"One hostage, Maryanne Rainier, we have a team around back snipers on the rooftops across the street."

"Okay well let us try and talk him down first no need for this to end on bloodshed if it doesn't have to."

"Look agent this guy has already killed 13 people if my guys get a shot they are taking it."

"Please just give us a chance."

"One chance that's it."

"Thank you, Sheriff."

Derek nodded at the Sheriff then he turned and walked back to where Rossi, JJ, and Prentiss were standing.

"He is giving us one shot. JJ. You and Prentiss go in first he won't see you as a threat. Remember he is delusional and in the middle a psychotic break. Stay calm try and challenge his delusions but gently we need to get the hostage is safe."

JJ nodded her and Prentiss followed the SWAT team each with a hand on the team member in front of them, to the front door of the house.

JJ knocked on the door, "Glenn, My name is Jennifer. I'm with the FBI. Can my friend Emily and I come in and talk to you?"

They heard a shaky 'yes' come from the other side of the door. JJ opened the door slowly her gun drawn. Once she saw Glenn and the woman he had hostage JJ lowered her gun slightly, so it wasn't pointed at Glenn but not too far off if she needed it. Emily followed JJ inside the house cautiously examining more of the room allowing JJ to focus on Glenn.

"Hey Glenn, thanks for letting us come inside. Maryanne are you okay?"

Glenn tightened his grip around the woman's neck, but she managed to get out a terrified 'yeah' before it was stifled by Glenn's grip. JJ could see the hunting knife pressed to Maryanne's throat.

"Glenn do you think you could let Maryanne go? She doesn't need to be here anymore."

"Of course she does it's her fault."

"No. No, it's not Glenn. Maryanne is NOT Susie. You need to let her go now."

"No, she has to pay."

Glenn squeezed Maryanne's neck harder she let out a small cough trying to get some air.

"Hey hey Glenn look," JJ called out as she held her hands up in the air then slowly holstered her gun.

Emily became even more vigilant now that JJ was not armed. She watched Glenn's every move making sure she had a clear shot if necessary.

"Glenn, Susie is dead. She died in the crash that killed your sister Dana. I know you blame her, but she is gone. Killing Maryanne isn't going to help, and it won't bring Dana back. Please put the knife down."

JJ took a step closer hoping that Glenn would listen to her. Glenn stared JJ down, so she stopped moving closer. Glenn pulled the knife away from Maryanne's neck pushing her aside he began to run at JJ she reached for her gun but heard glass breaking next to her.

Blood splattered all over JJ's face she stood there silent for a second trying to process what happened. She stared down and Glenn's body then over at Maryanne who was crying on the floor. JJ was frozen she heard Emily behind her she couldn't make out what Emily was saying, but she nodded. Emily went over to help Maryanne up the SWAT team rushed into the house and EMT came in and walked Maryanne out. Emily stopped in front of JJ she put her hands on the blonde's shoulders talking to her softly.