Chapter 30 (II) : A Day To Remember

En başından başla

Sanskar sensed her excitement, "You want a ride?" He asked much to her surprise.

"Why not? But..."

Before she could say anything, Sanskar got up from the swing and walked behind her.

"Sanskar, why are you getting up?" she asked looking at him, "What are you doing?"

"Just now I asked you if you want a ride. And you said yes!" he stated as a matter of a fact and gripped both chains on either sides of the swing, "So... my princess will relax and sit back on this swing and I, her prince, will push the swing so that you can enjoy the ride."

"But I want you also to sit with me..." she said immediately. Before she could say anything, Sanskar pulled the swing back and pushed it making Swara squeal.

"How was it?" he asked. Swara had a goofy smile over her face as she had always loved swinging since childhood. Seeing that smile on her face even Sanskar smiled broadly.

"I love it, Sanskar! But I want you also to-"

"You enjoy first, then I will join you again." he assured her before she could complete as he knew what she was going to say.

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

Swara sat back comfortably and Sanskar continued to push the swing and Swara lived this moment to her fullest. She couldn't explain in words the happiness she felt within her whole being. After spending a whole day with Sanskar, and now this, she was on the ninth cloud. A few moments passed by with them enjoying themselves like this. It was after eight times that Swara asked him to stop, "Okay, that's enough. Now you sit here."

"But if I sit then who will push?" he asked.

"Don't worry about it, just sit here besides me." she smiled and reached out to his hand and brought him to sit besides her.

"So... did you like it?" he asked about the ride smiling.

"I love it!" she confessed with beaming eyes. "But I'll love it even more if we sit here together. Because I want us to do all the things together." she held his hand with hers and Sanskar smiled nodding his head. Both of them then laid back comfortably smiling and Sanskar used his feet to move the swing backwards and then let go so that it moved to and fro. It wasn't just the swing moving but even their hearts danced with joy as they leaned on to each other. They made sure to enjoy these little and sweet moments and embrace them, and capture them in their hearts as lovely memories which they would remember for a lifetime!

~*~*~*~*~*~*

After spending a long time on the swing, they opted to stroll around the park. As they walked down the park sidewalk holding hands with each other, they found themselves at utmost peace.

A few minutes passed by with them walking together. But halfway through the sidewalk, Swara seemed to be a bit preoccupied by some thoughts in her mind.

"Sanskar..."

On being called, Sanskar turned to look at her and he found her contemplating something. Sensing him staring at her with his full attention, she stopped in her place and turned towards him.

"If you don't mind, can I ask you something?"

As she asked that, he furrowed his eyebrows. Next moment, he left her hand to fold his arms across his chest. She sensed the change in his mood.

"What happened?" she stammered a bit while fiddling with her fingers. Did she offend him somehow?

"Why do you always ask for my permission before asking anything?" he asked feigning annoyance before relaxing his facial features, "Why are you always so formal? You can ask me anything, Swara."