I'm Here [Lucifer x Chloe]

Hello everyone! It's basically 2 am right now and I decided to write because maybe it'll be fun lol

This story was requested by @KatherineMichael

Genre: Fluff (slight angst from grief)

Plot: It's been a few months since Dan died but Chloe still thought about him every day, remembering her own father. Lucifer listens to her no matter what, hating to see his Detective upset.

‐‐‐‐‐‐--‐--------------------------------------------------------------

Lucifer's POV

He sat in his penthouse, getting ready for his date with the Detective. He buttoned up his dark red button up shirt, looking at himself in the mirror. He then chuckled, admiring how his black dress pants and shirt fit his body,

"Not bad you handsome devil." He said to himself out loud, adjusting the collar of his shirt to flatten it down so he didn't look like some evil mastermind.

Suddenly he heard the elevator open and footsteps come out. He thought it was Maze, turning around to talk to her just to stop mid sentence.

"Hello Maze, where have-" he suddenly stopped when he spotted the love of his life standing a few feet in front of the elevator. She was wearing a beautiful black dress that showed off her body well and a small purse was in her hand. As Lucifer scanned the pretty picture of Chloe, he spotted her running mascara.

"You been.." he finished his sentence quietly, it hardly being heard from just a few feet away, "Chloe? What's wrong, love?" He asked, his brown eyes clouded with worry for her. She hardly met his gaze as she tried not to burst into tears again.

Lucifer quickly made his way to his lover and grasped her hand gently as he led her to the couch. He then took the purse from her hands, setting it on the glass table in front of them as he sat down next to Chloe. Lucifer hated seeing his loved ones sad, especially her.

Lucifer watched as Chloe sniffled quietly as she grabbed onto his hand tighter and stared at the ground,

"Please.." She began quietly, "Don't ever leave.." Chloe finished, making Lucifer realize what this was all about. It was about Detective Dou- er Daniel. Although it seemed like almost a life time ago, it was still fresh. The devil chuckled at the nickname but still felt awful that the nickname came up before his real name.

Lucifer pulled Chloe into his chest, half of her body on his lap as he rubbed her arm, and kissed her lovingly on her head.

"Shh..I won't, Chloe." He said quietly as she began to sob and remember the horrid way Daniel had died. Seeing him covered in all that blood and him dying in Chloe's arms affected her just as much as it affected the devil just by learning about his death.

"Why...Why did Dan have to die..?" Chloe suddenly looked up at Lucifer, her eyes large and watery with grief. The devil held her closer which caused her to instinctively bury her face into crook of his neck.

"I'm not sure, love..It definitely wasn't his time any time soon..But those people who murdered him got what those bloody bastards deserved." He said as he consoled her, seeing nothing but red for a few seconds. Lucifer remembered what it was like hunting Vincent Le Mac and his goons; like a cat hunting down mice.

Chloe said nothing in response, still hiding her face in his neck. Lucifer felt her tears wetten his neck but he didn't complain, understanding how difficult it was for humans to lose someone. Sure he was the devil but Daniel was still his friend, the news of his untimely death throwing him into drinking almost every night.

It was quiet until Chloe finally spoke up, "I-I can still remember the look on his face when he.." she stifled a sob as she gripped onto Lucifer instead. The devil only 'shhh'-ed her in response, not wanting to make her feel even worse but she still continued, "If I had gotten there quicker I could've-" This is what made Lucifer push Chloe back from his neck. He ignored the wet spot from crying and the mascara on his neck  and looked straight into her eyes.

"Chloe Jane Decker. It was not your fault that Daniel died." He began, masking his own sorrow to focus on the grieving woman in front of him, "You did all that you could and it wasn't good enough for dear old dad's unfair game." He spoke, referring to God and his cruel jokes on humanity, "Dan wouldn't want you to cry over his death but to remember everything else, as cheesy as it sounds, love." He said with slight disgust that made Chloe laugh.

The two then both sat in a comfortable silence until Lucifer remembered something that Dan had given him before he had died. It was a folded piece of paper he pulled out of his pocket. Chloe looked at him confused,

"Lucifer what are you do-" Lucifer cut her off as he unfolded it and began to read it.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there. I did not die." Lucifer didn't realize he was crying until he felt a tear come down his cheek, landing on the paper and staining it a little bit. He then looked to Chloe who had her mouth covered in shock of the poem.

"Lucifer..That was beautiful." She said quietly, making him chuckle and wipe his eyes.

"I can't take the credit..Daniel had forced me to go some poetry classes with him to 'fix myself' when he was fresh after Charlotte. So I decided to honor him in this poem." He finished and the two of them smiled. Chloe then yawned, making Lucifer yawn as well. The devil smiled as he stood up from the couch and offered his hand to Chloe.

"C'mon, let's get to bed." He said as she grabbed his hand and he led her to his bedroom. They both laid in the bed right next to each other, Lucifer as the big spoon and Chloe as the smaller spoon. As soon as they relaxed in bed, they felt a sudden feeling of relief come over them, causing them both to sigh aloud quietly.

Not because they felt better at that moment but because they knew that they had each other's shoulder to cry on. That neither of them would be alone since they had each other. Every night, the other would be there if needed. It would all be okay.

They didn't heal as fast as the others but it's okay because they had each other and that was all that mattered to them.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed my first ever proper one shot! I haven't written much recently and I thought that this was pretty easy since I knew both of the characters (totally not because I've watched the show 6 or more times) and I think I captured them well.

What do you guys think of it?

The Poem's name is Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep which was written by Mary Elizabeth Frye and I felt like it really did fit the tone of the story.

When I lost someone I cared about, I listened to it and it helped me through the grief.

I hope I did your request justice ._."

Word count: 1313