XXVI. Not the Best Sorry

Start from the beginning

"By the way Jane, what did you tell me that night? What about Mark's scar at the back of his head and where he lives? How will that help me?" Though I am already sure about my feelings for Mark, I'm still curious about this things.

"Did I say something about that P?" Jane tried to act bewildered.

"Yes you did. What does it mean?"

"I really did P?"

"Yes Jane!" I said trying to hold my irritation.

"Well damn. This stupid mouth of mine." She smack her hands on her own mouth.

"Jane. Is there more I do not know about him? About those twins?"

"Well P, let me ask this. Are you still confuse about your feelings?" She stopped walking making me stop as well.

"I like Mark, Jane. I realized it a little too late but I am sure about it now. I started feeling this way when I meet him the day he first showed up and pretended like his brother. As Masa's friend, you have seen how I was back then. It was so different from what I have with Mark." I told her and her eyes grew all teary.

"Awww P. I knew it! Both of you are so stupid!"

"Yeah. I guess we are." I admitted.

"Then I suggest you should try to know more about him P. It's not my discretion to tell you things. You have to find it out yourself." She said patting my shoulder.

"So there's more?"

"Hmmm... You have to deal with that Saya girl first P. Be thankful I like you more than her. Even if you were an arsehole to Mark days ago, I still believe and secretly rooting for you." She rolled her eyes before smiling at me.

"Is she that bad? I was thinking she would get your sympathy because she's a girl too. You know girls tend to stand with each other."

"Ugh no! You should've seen how she looked at Pran and me behind Mark's back. She treated everyone like her competition. She'll be building a fence around Mark in no time soon." I laughed at Jane's annoyed face.

I become more cheerful after talking with Jane and knowing that one of Mark's friends still trust me. It's unclear with Pran yet but 1 person is enough. This motivates me more in doing my best for Mark.

But the day went by without me seeing that ai kid. He must have skipped classes again to spend time with that girl. I grew more edgy again and was tempted to go to his place to check him out. He may no longer love that girl but what if she seduced him to the point of submission?

Rrrrrr....

I was fast enough to flipped my phone that was already on my hand when it rings only to be disappointed to see it's P Axel who was calling.

"What?" I answered my brother.

[You ingrate! When will you ever respect me huh?] He scolded from the other line.

"What do you want P? I'm kinda
Busy." Busy waiting for an update about Mark.

[Bastard! Don't forget not to be late for dinner later.]

"What dinner?"

[Oi! Don't tell me you really forgot about our parents' anniversary dinner celeb later? Ai Vee! I will tell mom and dad!] Oh shia! I have really forgotten about it! My mind was too pre-occupied of what's happening between me and Mark lately that the celebration for for tonight just slipped from my mind.

"Of course I remember stupid brother!" I lied to P Axel. I remember dad reserved a very good restaurant that is in a roof top of some building. He said the place has an amazing atmosphere and my mom would surely love it.