Different Worlds

Depuis le début

"Yeah..." You pouted softly. Couldn't the alarm let you kiss your boyfriend for a little longer? Just a smidge? But alas, you had a relationship to rub in people's faces. You unwrapped your arms from Hoseok to adjust your bag that hung on your shoulder.

"Well, good thing I'm prepared now." Hoseok adjusted his tie. As you turned off the alarm, Hoseok leaned towards the mirror to wipe off the bit of lipstick you left on him.

"For the charity event?" You opened his bedroom door to leave, looking over at him. Hoseok finally stopped looking at the mirror to face you again with a smirk. His eyes took a glance over to his bed which was suggestive enough for you to understand.

"Top right drawer—" Hoseok began to point it out for you, but you just grabbed his hand to drag him out of the house already. You couldn't even be mad he actually bought them. Hoseok laughed but apologized despite having nothing to apologize for. Safety first and they were in case anything happened. And boy, did you hope something would.

That sly dog! You pinched Hoseok's cheek for his behavior, but he quickly got a kiss on the same cheek in the end. Mansu was waiting in the car for the two of you outside. He was driving the both of you as always with the partition in the car already up. He had his music playing when you got in the car with Hoseok. Normally Mansu would lower it or even turn it off, but you wanted him to keep playing his music. It was nice to have a couple of tunes play in the background on the drive over to the estate. It helped keep your mind off what was ahead and calmed Hoseok's nerves.

Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothin' else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak

The music was playing slowly at first, the soft beats easily making you sway to it. There wasn't much going on in your head as you stared out the window. All you were trying to do was distract yourself with what was outside the car. Buildings were passing by as the music picked up with more energy, getting you to bob your head along. While you were in your own world, Hoseok was watching you with a smile on his face the entire time. The song couldn't feel more perfect at the moment.

Can't take my eyes off of you

It wasn't until Hoseok's fingers began to touch yours that you looked away from the window. He slowly began to take your hand in his, dancing along to the music with you. Dancing while seated in the back of a car was a bit of challenge though that didn't stop any of the fun. Hoseok and you were swaying energetically as the car continued to drive to the estate. It was hard not to giggle the moment he pulled you into a hug to sing the lyrics out loud.

"I love you, Baby! And if it's quite alright, I need you, Baby~! To warm the lonely night! I love you, Baby! Trust in me when I say~!" Hoseok had his arms tightly around your waist with his head at the side of yours. "Oh, pretty baby! Don't bring me down, I pray! Oh, pretty baby! Now that I've found you, stay!" Hoseok grinned as you joined him. "And let me love you, baby~! Let me love you~!"

Whatever happens tonight, you weren't too concerned as long as you had Hoseok. In the end, Hoseok knew how to conduct himself in public and your tips certainly helped when it came to dealing with cameras. You knew he would be able to do a good job. As for you, you've grown up having to put up with this whole family façade. Father is going to act the same as he always does just like Kyunghwan. Seokjin was going to be no different. Maybe a snide comment here and there because of your new date, but he also has his own reputation to worry about. No matter how nervous the two of you were, it was possible to survive.

That was your motto by the time Mansu arrived to the estate. There were already a few guests who had arrived already, the long driveway lined up with similar luxury brand cars. Hoseok took in a deep breath so he wouldn't overwhelm himself. He was going to be alright. Squeezing his hand, you waited for Mansu to come around the car and open the door. Hoseok wasn't used to waiting which you didn't prefer either, but for the sake of anticipation and cameras. There were already a few photographers at the front of your home. The moment Mansu opened the car door, they had their cameras up.