Jeremy Andretti part 2

Requested!
This was requested by someone else, so we'll be using y/n again haha

      Thursday morning I wasn't expecting Jeremy to actually talk to me, but to my surprise (and delight) he was the first one to greet me as I walked through the door.
     "Hi y/n!" He said running towards me.
    "Hi Jeremy, how are you?"
     "I'm great. Just fantastic!"
     "I can definitely see that," I laughed.
     "So," he began, "have any plans after school today ?"
     "I don't think so, why?"
     "Well I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." I gave him a surprised look. Jeremy actually wanted to hang out? I didn't think I get this far so fast! I acted cool though, since he was a pretty nonchalant himself.
     "Are you asking me on a date?" I asked. He crossed his arms and leaned against the lockers, he looked up at the ceiling with his eyebrows furrowed as if he was thinking hard.
     "Hmmm, maybe I am. Or if you want it to be." I chuckled.
     "I'd love to then, where are we gonna go?"
     "I don't know yet. I'll let you know when the time comes though." Suddenly the bell rang, signaling the arrival of more kids to crowd the hallway.
     "Alright. See you then!"

     It was finally lunch hour and my adrenaline was through the roof as I thought about Jeremy more, it was nice seeing the other side of him and having it actually stay. I said hello to my friends as I found a spot at our lunch table.
"So y/n," my friend, Jane, said, "how are you and Jeremy?" I gave her a confused look, it hasn't even been a day. How does she know about Jeremy and I?
     "What are you talking about?" I asked.
     "Well I saw you talking to him this morning when the bell rang, and also I heard Elizabeth talk about it too. So what's up?"
     "Nothing, we're just friends."
    "Oh really?" She leaned in with a smug look on her face.
    "Really."
    "Well what we heard from Elizabeth is that the two of you were outside talking on her back porch, alone." The other girls at my table "oohed" at me teasingly. I felt my face burn red as they did this. Jeremy was right, she was a snitch.
     "It was nothing," I snapped, "he was just upset so I made him feel better."
     "I'm sure you did." The table laughed again.
     "You're gross!" Suddenly I felt a wad of paper whack my shoulder and I turned to see a smiling Jeremy wave me over to him. Perfect timing, Jeremy, just perfect. I looked back at my friends who still had sly looks and jumped from the table to avoid any more of their torment. I put on a smile as I got closer to him.
     "Decide of a place?" I asked.
    "Yeah, we're gonna go to this ice cream place. It's the best thing I could think of, and well, afford."
     "Sounds good to me, I love ice cream!" His face lit up with excitement and we said our goodbyes again. I slowly made my way back to my table but didn't plan on staying any longer, especially since they just witnessed proof that Jeremy and I could be a thing.
     "So what was that all about?" Jane sneered.
     "Mind your beeswax," I picked up my tray and threw its contents in the garbage.

     At sixth period I was minding my own business and doing my math homework when I got another paper ball thrown at me, I flinched a bit as it landed on my desk. I opened it hesitantly and read the, now crooked, writing, I heard he took Darlene there. I looked up and saw Jane glaring at me with a smug smile. I rolled my eyes and crumpled the paper back up, I put it in my bag and continued with my day. If she thought she was gonna get the best of me she was wrong, I don't know why she was so bothered.

     Finally the day ended and I found Jeremy at my locker again.
    "Hi, ready to go?" He asked excitedly.
    "Totally!" After I put my books away we walked ourselves out of the building and to the ice cream parlor near by.
      I shivered a bit as the sweet, cold air hit my face. I've only been here a few times but I loved the fun energy that places like this always had, usually very 1950s looking. The walls were pastel colors that were in a striped pattern, and lots of old posters of ice cream adds and cartoons. The entire building was pretty much a huge window as the afternoon sun lit up the room. We walked up to the counter and looked down at our choices of the cold dessert.
     "I think I'll go for a sundae," Jeremy said to the cashier. He typed the price into the cash register while another man came around and scooped it for him.
     "I think I'll have the same!" The process repeated. We thanked the men for our food and found a small booth at the end of the hall.
     "This looks delicious Jeremy! Thank you!"
    "It's no sweat." We both took a bite of the treat and "mmm'd" as it went down our throats.
     Jeremy and I finally got to talk some more and this time it wasn't about any type of love stuff, we got to know more about each other. Apparently his dad's a Hollywood film director, that's why he's living with the Bradford's.
     "That all sounds very cool J, I'm surprised you didn't go with him."
     "I don't care for all that Hollywood mumbo jumbo," he paused a bit and mixed the melting ice cream around in the glass, "Okay well maybe I do a little but it's not like I'd see him a lot anyways. He's a busy man."
     "Oh," I didn't say anything more of the situation because I sensed that Jeremy was a bit bitter at his father for leaving him with another family, though they aren't complete strangers since his aunt lives there. I guess that's why he acts all tough so no one sees his vulnerability of not seeing his dad much.
     "So," He started again with a more positive attitude, " what was the whole deal at lunch? You left when we had, like, twenty minutes left." I rolled my eyes and smiled.
     "It was nothing I guess, my friends just tease me. Jane was acting pretty weird all day."
     "Jane Strokes?" He asked.
     "Yeah, she even threw me this note during class," I bent down and opened my bag to get the paper that was still buried at the bottom. I unraveled it and handed it to him. He sighed disappointingly.
     "I think she had a crush on me for a while, she was bitter towards Darlene a lot too. She's always giving me goo-goo eyes," he ripped the paper up and got up to throw it in the trash. "It's no problem though, she's obviously sort of a diva anyways."
     "Yeah, I suppose so," I laughed.
     We were stuffed by the time we left the small shop and had a lovely walk home together. I admired how beautiful the neighborhood looked at the sun had turned into a more golden color along with the sky. Everything seemed more beautiful with Jeremy, I thought the light gave him a glow-y, gold look as we walked. The whole way I could feel Jeremy's hand brush against mine as he hesitated to grab it, I eventually took the first move and we held hands the last few minutes of the walk.
     "Today was fun Jeremy, I'm glad you asked me out," I said.
     "Believe me, me too!" He cheered.
     "Wanna go out again this weekend?"
     "Sure! You can choose next time if you want."
     "Sounds like a plan. Good night, Jeremy."
    "Bye-bye."