Ralph Macchio

Requested by breefrantz008

"And cut!" The director yelled. I sighed as I made my way off set back to my trailer. It had been such a long day of just shooting the same scene over and over. I know you're thinking that's what I should've expected when becoming an actress, but trust me filming the same parts and saying the same lines over and over just for it to have a shot at not even being in the movie is tiring, especially if you have a shitty co-actor, and yes I am talking about Ralph.
Ever since day one of shooting this movie me and him have never gotten along, god I hated him so much. The way he struts around like he owns the place or how he has a sea of girls waiting for him outside while the rest of us struggle to even exit the building. It's so exhausting! I mean, try and imagine how annoying it must be to have your entire existence drowned out by mr. karate kid over there. I can't wait till the movie is over.
"Hey y/n! Ralph!" A voice called. I paused to turn and see the director motioning the two of us over to him. Ralph and I glared at each other as we made our way.
"So," the man started, "I know how there can be some tension between the two of you, but we're all adults here right?" He gave a nervous laugh to ease our attitudes, but we just looked at each other in hatred and confusion.
"What are you trying to say?" Ralph said.
"Well..." the directors voice trailed off and he looked behind him at his co-workers who were all conveniently in a group together encouraging him to keep talking. He let out a sigh and said quickly,
"The two do you will be shooting the kiss scene tomorrow!" I gasped as I heard this news. Kiss? And not only that, kiss Ralph? We looked at each other again and I felt fire blaze behind my eyes. There's no way.
"Isn't there any way we can hire a stand in?" I asked.
"What? Stand in? For me? Absolutely not! If anyone's gonna get a stand in it's you!"
"Why me?"
"Because, quite frankly, I'm the star of the show," he gave a smug look and I felt a sudden urge to just pounce on him.
"Please you guys let's just-"
"Oh there you go again!" I interrupted, "You're just so obsessed with yourself that you can't even acknowledge other people's feelings huh? Or that perhaps you're not better than everyone else just by being in a popular kids movie!"
"Kids movie? It's not my fault that I was chosen for the part! You're just jealous it was a hit and that-"
"You guys!" The director finally screamed. We paused and glanced back at him, he was drenched in nervous sweat, to say our arguments were nothing new would be an understatement. "Please just be nice to each other for one day! If you do this could be over in the blink of an eye!"
"Blink of an eye too long!" I snickered.
"Yeah I'm still expecting that stand in tomorrow!" Ralph said.
"Shut up!"
"Make me!" I glared at him when he said this, any remark he said towards me was always followed by an achieved look in his eyes. He was so cocky.
"Well if you two don't make up I'm firing the both of you!" This time our eyes widened at each other.
"You can't do that!"
"We've filmed so much!"
"We have a deadline!"
"Exactly! So that's why just for tomorrow I expect everyone to stop acting like a bunch of toddlers! It's just one peck on the lips and you're good!"
"May I make a suggestion?" Ralph asked. The director sighed.
"What is it?"
"How about you fire y/n but not me." I louder gasp escaped my lips as he said this. Asshole.
"Me?" With that the director rolled his eyes and walked away as we continued to bicker at each other. I can't believe he wants me fired! Try giving someone new a chance huh?

It was getting dark when I was finally able to go home. My face still felt hot from the usual daily fight with Ralph. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open as I walked. I finally stumbled upon my car and got in quickly so I could finally sit down.
I was super drowsy as I was on the road, what was wrong with me? Even if I was a little tired I'm usually feeling better than this, especially since I was going home. My eyes were heavy as I went down the road, everything was getting blurry...

I woke up groggily and sore. My vision was still blurry but all I saw was a gray ceiling and a super bright, white light above my head. My eyes shot open at last. A hospital? I looked around at the empty room, gray walls, brown, leather chairs, a reclining bed. There were tubes and bandages going all into my arms and I pulled the covers up to reveal even more wounded legs. I felt my heart palpitate as panic started to set in, what happened to me? Why am I alone? Help me! Suddenly I jumped as a nurse came barging into my room.
"Oh great you're awake!" She said with a smile, as if I wasn't laying there miserable and scared. I watched as she pulled a large crate in covered with medicine and food trays. She picked one up and set it down on the bed side table.
"I would've given this to you earlier but it didn't seem like you were waking up anytime soon." I looked up at the clock, one-o-clock. It was already the next day, last time I checked it was only ten at night. Guess that's not too bad though.
"Um, excuse me?" I asked. The nurse turned. "What happened?"
"Oh you got in a car crash, the doctor said it was exhaustion, you need to get some rest," she didn't say anything else and just left. Okay? I relaxed against the bed as I took everything in. I eyed the food tray, it had some potatoes and a cup of cubed peaches along with some other stuff. I looked out the window at the dark sky that didn't show a single star, the road was still busy which sort of comforted me but I was still all alone, does anyone even know that I'm here? My eyes burned with hot tears as I examined my cut and bruised arms. I'd do anything to be back in my own, soft bed in my own house! What am I gonna do?
I jumped again as the door opened once more, it was gentle though and I waited with anticipation to see the nurse again, anything for some company at a time like this. I was surprised, though, to see Ralph come through the door. I paused and had no reaction because, well, what was I supposed to do?
"Ralph?" I muttered.
"Hi y/n," he replied with a small smile.
"What are you doing here? Come to make fun of me for being stupid or something?"
"No? I came to see if you were okay." He had a soft look to his eyes as he said this. "May I sit down?" I looked at him in disbelief.
"Uh, yeah." He pulled a chair from the wall and set it right next to the bed.
"How'd you know I was here?"
"I couldn't sleep and saw that there was a crash on the news, I recognized your car. I came as quick as I could, set up a real traffic jam."
"Oh no, I forgot about my car, I forgot about everything! How am I gonna work in this condition? I-"
"Y/n calm down!" He put a hand on my wrist and gave it a comforting squeeze. "You'll be okay, I promise." I couldn't believe what I was hearing, what I was seeing and feeling. His gentle tone and caring eyes, the way he was acting. I rest my head on the bed again and looked up at the bright light above me, I couldn't believe this was real life right now.
"Do you need anything?" Ralph asked suddenly.
"Sleep and more sleep," I said. He gave me a small chuckle.
"Well if you do I'm here for you, and you can always have someone call me. I know we haven't really been there for each other lately, but I won't let you be alone at a time like this. I know you'll get better quickly though," he smiled at me. I gave a small smile back. Oh my god.
"Thank you, Ralph." There was some silence as we just looked at each other, he looked different sort of, like I was seeing him in a new light, because I was. I've never seen him so nice, well at least to me. Why the sudden change of heart?
"I better get going now," he said checking his watch, "I'll try and see you tomorrow, okay?"
"Okay."
"Good night y/n."
"Good night Ralph..."
———————————
A/N
Ahhhh! It's been so long! Sorry if I'm a bit rusty lmao but I did my best :) if you want a part two don't hesitate to request it! I just didn't want it to be too long. Hope you liked it! xx