"hey, tina? 'member when i moved here, and we first met? and there was this guy i would always talk about?" delilah asked their bestfriend, slowly swinging up and down as their conversation flowed and the memories flooded back in the same rhythm.

"of course i do! we would never get a conversation finished without a "give me a minute, clay is calling me! i genuinely thought you guys were dating before we got close. why?"

"not sure, i was talking with phelia today about how i missed my old friends and she mentioned his younger sister."

"mm.. i see. when are you going back to alligator land?"

"next month, it's gonna be a week and a half long. haven't finalized the tickets though. maybe i can catch up with some of my friends then, but i truly do miss my family the most."

"yeah, i get that. theo's gonna throw a fit when you leave, gonna be hilarious to watch."

"yeah- one day you have to come to florida with me. my mother wants to meet you so badly."

"really? going to florida would be cool i guess, nyc sucks ass- but i love it here.. sometimes."

"you hungry?" delilah asked her friend, still not getting tired. after about an hour and a half of being there, they could slightly see the sun rising.

"what places serve food at this hour?"

"ihop's like open 24hours- poor workers. i am in the mood for waffles, though." delilah offered. valentina gave them a tired nod in return, the duo pulling up the directions to ihop on their phone and navigating their way there.

they walked at a slow pace, admiring the glow of the city, the wind allowing her hair to float. her blue eyes glistening in the soft sunrise. with this, on the inside there was still small specks of immaturity and purity running throughout her veins that allowed them to be herself.

delilah and valentina turned the corner, finally arriving at their destination. they quickly got seated, the waiter requesting their drink orders.

time flew by, and as an hour passed, delilah was finishing her chicken and waffles and valentina was scraping xeir plate for the last bit of xeir chocolate chip pancakes.

they paid for their meal, tiredly exiting the restaurant and stumbling home. the streets weren't full- they could see cars driving down the road in the early morning, probably trying to quickly get to work.

they arrived at their apartment building, using the elevator to get to their level. valentina leaned on the railing as delilah stood by the buttons.

they both heard a ding! indicating the elevator has stopped.

they entered their room, being greeted by theo jumping up on their legs. the two friends cooed at their dog, scratching him behind the ear and petting his face.

"you up to stream tomorrow?" delilah asked valentina, now sitting on the floor, criss-cross.

"fuck yeah!" valentina responded, seated on the counter beside them.

they both tiredly ended their day, falling asleep rather quickly in their own bedrooms.

I N C O M I N G   M A I L !

.. hi guys ..
ok i'm sorry for not getting a chapter out like all week 😐😐☺️ it's literally not my fault 😐😐😐
die urself plz!!!!!
okay wtv but like be grateful u freaking whore!!!!did u like it at least...
ok make sure to eat and drink water and sleep and take ur meds!!!! i love you so so so incredibly much, ur worth so much!!! <33
also thank you so fucking much to mvllohi for editing this chapter?? it's so great pls follow them <3

sincerely,
venus
<3