I desperately wanted to ask him where he was going in such bad weather but I had to hold myself back. I had to respect his privacy and if he wanted to tell me he would.

"Alright, take your time." I told him instead.

-

Aster had been gone for about an hour now and I was immensely bored.

I was in the bedroom reading a book from his collection but I just wasn't getting into it. I sighed, closing it and then my eyes strayed to the bedside table where there was that picture I had seen the day after I arrived here.

In the picture there was Aster and a younger girl, who looked to be about 18 years old with her graduation attire, standing with wide grins on their faces.

I didn't know who she was but she seemed very important to Aster.

She was a gorgeous dark skinned girl with wide curly hair, and she had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. Aster had his arm wrapped around her shoulder as he smiled proudly at the camera and he looked to be about the same age as he did now if only a year younger.

My first thought would have been that she was his girlfriend but they didn't look like a couple. And if Aster had a girlfriend he really shouldn't be sleeping in my arms or calling me darling.

I looked away from the picture to open the book again and grabbed the glass of juice I had set on the bedside table but because I wasn't looking I accidentally spilled some on my shirt and groaned, hurriedly throwing the book away from me.

I grabbed my crutches and moved to the closet to grab a new shirt. It was the first time I went in the closet myself as Aster had always been the one to grab clothes for me.

I opened it and started looking for a shirt but when my hand came in contact with paper I frowned in confusion and pulled it out.

It was a journal.

I opened the journal and flipped through it, not finding anything interesting until I stopped on one particular article.

21 year old missing girl.

The article said she hadn't come home in five days before it was noticed that she was gone and that's when they went to the cops. I read the date and realized it was about six months ago.

There was a picture of the missing girl, she was blonde with bright green eyes and she was smiling brightly making my heart clench at the thought of her being in danger. I hoped that she had gone back home safe and sound.

I wondered why Aster had this. The only interesting thing in it was that article.

Did he know something about it?

-

When Aster came home I had made up my mind to ask him about it.

I was holding the journal while sitting on a stool in the kitchen when he walked in and greeted me. He asked me if I was hungry and after I nodded he started working on lunch.

"How was your morning?" He asked stirring the pot of the dish he was making.

"Good." I told him nervously.

Why was I so nervous?

"You okay?" He asked with concern and I nodded.

I took a deep breath before raising the journal and setting it on the counter.

His eyes widened in shock and then his face contorted in anger as he snatched the journal away from me.

"Where did you find this?" He asked, and I could hear the anger in his voice and my heart dropped.

I didn't expect him to be angry

"I-I found it in the closet." I answered and he frowned at me.

"Why were you going through my stuff?" He asked, his voice raising just a bit.

"I wasn't!" I exclaimed and he scoffed.

"Then why do you have this? I've been so nice to you Hyacinth and the least you can do is respect my privacy." He told me and I frowned.

"I promise Aster, I wasn't going through your stuff. I dropped juice on my shirt and went to find a new one when I found it." I explained.

He stared at me trying to gauge if I was being honest and when he realized that I was actually wearing a different shirt his face freed itself from the anger it was holding.

"I'm sorry for getting mad." He told me. "I just don't like it when someone goes through my stuff."

"It's okay, I understand." I assured him as the fear of him not believing left me.

"I just wanted to ask about the article about the mi-"

"Hyacinth, don't." He said and by the tone in his voice I decided to shut my mouth.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Don't say sorry but I don't want to talk about this anymore. Don't worry about it, it doesn't concern you." He said with finality and I nodded my head.

I didn't understand what was the big deal but I wasn't going to say something stupid to make the one person around me angry.

I couldn't afford to have Aster angry at me.

Not when my safety was laying in the palm of his hand.

Hello!

Thoughts?

Why do you guys think Aster got so mad?

Also who do you think is the girl in the picture?

And finally, what do you guys think of the new cover?

-till next time <3