Twenty Three

Wedding Day
3pm

Wanda, Sarah, Pepper & Laura are helping Celina get dressed. The men are getting ready in the basement & head outside. The girls leave & Celina follows. The women take their seats as Steve & Bucky take their places. The wedding march comes on & everyone faces the backdoor.

Celina appears, smiles & slowly walks over to Bucky. He wipes a tear from his eye. He mouths "you look stunning." She mouths back, "thank you." Steve begins.

"Welcome everyone. Today we come together to celebrate the joining union of James Buchanan Barnes & Celina Rose Garcia. I've known Bucky all my life, he is my best friend & brother. I have seen women charm their way into his bed but no one has ever charmed their way into his heart the way Celina has. That is no easy feat. Now the bride & groom have chosen to write their vows. Bucky, you may begin."

"Celina, when I first met you, I didn't know the impact you would have on me or my life

"Celina, when I first met you, I didn't know the impact you would have on me or my life. You saw me battle my night terrors & you were the light that guided me through the darkness. Slowly but surely, silencing my demons. I remember sitting on your couch last year, talking about my nightmares. You told me I'm not the Winter Soldier anymore, that there was more to me than my past. It was right then & there that I started falling in love with you. You saved me from myself & I can't thank you enough. My love for you grows with every passing day. I can't wait to begin our journey into marriage together. I love you."

"Thank you Bucky. Celina, you may read your vows."

"Bucky, that day we sat in my kitchen & you finally asked me out, my life changed for the better

"Bucky, that day we sat in my kitchen & you finally asked me out, my life changed for the better. I fell in love with you so hard, so quickly. Since age 16, I haven't had much of a family but you & your friends have become the family I didn't know I needed. I love waking up next to you. I believed I was in love once but you, James Buchanan Barnes, have shown me what real, intense, head over heels love really is. I love you & can't wait to take the next steps into life with you as my husband."