Epilogue

10 years later....

"Good morning." Patrick said to Ellen, laying in bed next to him. "Morning." She replied sleepily as she looked at her husband.

Patrick had almost a full head of Gray hair. Ellen was starting to have gray hair. They were both in their mid 60s.

Jessie was now 10 years old. "Are you bringing Jess to school today?" She asked. "Yes. Are we doing anything today?" Patrick replied.

Grey's had stopped at season 20. Since then, Ellen and Patrick both took to new hobbies. Ellen loved to cook and filmed her cooking videos, and Patrick still like to race it occasionally. Given his age, he wasn't allowed to actually compete, but he liked to go to the track and just drive.

"I don't have anything planned." Ellen answered. "Okay." Patrick said.

They got up and went downstairs. Jessie was old enough to get herself ready for the most part, aside from doing her hair and such.

"Good morning." Ellen said, pressing a kiss to her daughters forehead as the young girl wandered into the kitchen. "Hi mom. Hi dad." Jessie said, smiling.

"Hi honey. What do you want for breakfast? We have 25 minutes." Patrick asked, kissing her head. "Can I have some eggs please? But can mom make them?" Jessie asked with an irresistible smile.

"Sure." He said. Jessie sat down next to Patrick as Ellen went to work on the eggs. "Anything special going on in school today?" Ellen asked as she cooked.

"No." Jessie replied.

•••

After Jessie ate, Patrick drove Jessie to school and then drove back home. His little girl was getting so big.

He walked back into their house and found his wife sitting down on the couch, coffee cup in hand. "Hey." He grunted as he sat down. "Hey." She replied, resting her head on his shoulder as he put his arm around her.

"How was drop off?" Ellen asked. "It was good, went smoothly. She's getting so old." Patrick replied, smiling softly. "Tell me about it. Yesterday, I sat down to help with her homework like we usually do, and she said 'mom, I don't need help'."

"You remember that one time when she was a toddler, she wouldn't stop trying to ride her bike without training wheels even though she fell a ton?" Patrick asked.

"Are you sure you're ready, baby?" Ellen asked nervously as Jessie stood up, straddling her pink bike. "Yes mama." She replied determinedly.

"Patrick, are you recording?"

"Yup. Go ahead, Jess. Don't forget to break." Ellen warned. Jessie took off, peddling away. Ellen bit her lip fearfully as she biked down the sidewalk.

"I'm doing it!" Jessie exclaimed happily. "Jessie, slow down." Patrick warned. Jessie teetered on her bike, and wasn't able to stop herself from falling over.

"Honey, are you okay?" Ellen asked, rushing over to her and kneeling down. "I'm good, mama. Can I try again?" Jessie asked, grunting as she stood up.

"Are you sure? Does anything hurt?" Patrick asked protectively. "I'm fine, daddy. Plewse can I try again?" Jessie begged. "Okay. But please break next time." He said, sighing.

Ellen snapped out of her daydream and smiled. "I remember." She replied. "She got that from you." Patrick said softly. "She's growing up too fast." Ellen said, groaning as she stood up.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Just getting old." She replied with a chuckle as she walked off to the bathroom.

Ellen returned within minutes. "How about we sit outside?" She suggested. Patrick nodded and the two of them sat outside on the porch.

It was a really nice day out, not too hot, not to cold. Patrick sat down and pulled Ellen into his arms. He had recently installed a big flat screen TV out there, and he put on Ryan and Kelly, something the two watched together every morning.

"Our anniversary is next week." Patrick murmured. "10 years of marriage." She mumbled against his chest. "Don't plan anything for that day. I got it." Patrick said.

Ellen nodded and curled deeper into his arms, drifting off to sleep once again.

Patrick left himself think about his life.

"I think I like being married to you." Ellen mumbled. "I think I like being married to you too." He murmured in response.

"What do you picture our life in 20 years?" Ellen asked. "Well, In 20 years, we'll be in our mid seventies. Jessie will be about 20, in college, so you and I will be living our best life together. I can see us vacationing a lot, maybe in Cabo or something." Patrick replied as he held her naked body close to his.

"Sounds good to me." Ellen said sleepily. "Get some sleep. We'll go another round later." Patrick said, smiling as he kissed her head gently. "Love you." She mumbled. "Love you too."

Patrick grinned at the memory and breathed in a deep breath of fresh air. "I love you so much, Ellen." He whispered.

•••

A little while later, Ellen woke up and stirred, still in Patrick's arms. "Welcome back to the world of living." Patrick joked.

"That was a good nap." Ellen said, sitting up. "What time is it?" She asked.

"Noon. We still have a while until we have to pick Jessie back up." Patrick replied. "Should we go for a walk?" Ellen suggested. "Sure."

They walked outside along the beach. This was also something they picked up recently to stay fit. Ellen was still skinny as a twig thanks to her metabolism, and Patrick was still in somewhat good shape, like a dad bod.

"We have to start taking different routes." Ellen said with a smile. "I know. I could walk this path with my eyes closed." Patrick replied with a chuckle.

Ellen linked arms with him as they walked. "This is one of my favorite parts of the day." She said. "Me too. Time alone with you." Patrick said softly.

"I love you so much, Ellie." He said, stopping them and looking to her.

"I love you too, Pat. Forever."

"Forever."

Hey guys! So first off I want to thank all of you for reading this far into the story all the way to the end. It means so much to me thag you all like this story. Thanks for all the suggestions you've given me down the line, it kept the story going. I have other stories on my account, feel free to read them if you wsnt. Thank you all so much again, I love you all.