Day 15 of quarantine

Ellen woke up in the hospital feeling a lot better than the days prior. She smiled, even though the mask covered her mouth, at the nurse who entered the room.

"Good morning." He said softly as he checked Ellen's vitals. "Morning." Ellen replied. "How are you feeling today?" He asked. "A lot better than before." She admitted. "Your vitals are doing pretty well; they're up from yesterday." He said with a smile.

"That's good." Ellen said. "So when can I get out of here?" She asked hopefully. "Ms Pompeo, you haven't even been here for 3 full days. I'd like you hear for at least 7 full days, if not more." The nurse said sympathetically. "I wanna go home." Ellen whined. "I'm sorry." He said as he took her temperature. "You still have a fever. 100.5." He said. Ellen rolled her eyes.

After the nurse finished his exam, she started to see flashing from outside her window. Wondering if she was hallucinating, she sat up a little further and her eyes went wide at the paparazzi taking pictures through the window. She saw security and doctors trying to usher them out, obviously not working.

"We're sorry about this Ellen." Nurse Kayla said as she entered the room. "It's okay." Ellen replied with a sigh. "Can you pass me my iPad please?" Ellen asked. The nurse nodded and handed her the iPad.

She found Patrick's number and pressed the FaceTime button. "El!" Patrick said happily. Ellen looked up at the nurse who's eyes went wide at Patrick's voice. "How are you?" He asked. "Good. I have a viewing party." She replied as she turned the camera to the cameramen outside. "Shouldn't they be keeping them out?" Patrick asked with a frown.

"They have bigger problems. It's not a big deal." Ellen said. "Anyways, I have someone for you to meet." She added as she waved Kayla over. Kayla hesitantly walked over and got into the camera view. "This is Kayla. She's my nurse, and she's a huge fan of greys." Ellen introduced. 

Patrick gave a warm smile. "Hi." He said. "Oh my god...hi!!" She said happily. Patrick moved the camera back slightly and revealed the many other cast members. "Holy...." Kayla trailed off in absolute shock. "I love you guys so much." She said.

After Kayla had to leave, Patrick and Ellen got to talk in private. "How are you feeling?" Patrick asked. "Good. A lot better than yesterday. My vitals are better, and I should be able to leave within the week." Ellen said with a smile. "That's great. We miss you around here." Patrick said. "I miss you guys too. Lonely around here." She said with a sad smile.

"Once your home we can do whatever you want." Patrick said with a reassuring smile. "Are they making you stay there longer?" Ellen asked. Patrick was so caught up in her beauty that he didn't even hear the question. She had no make up on and was a little pale, yet she was stunning to him. "Pat?" Ellen asked.

"Oh-uh what?" He stuttered. "I asked if they were making you stay longer." Ellen said with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, another week." Patrick said. Ellen frowned. "Sorry." She said. "That's not your fault." He insisted. Ellen nodded. "Pat?" She asked. "Yeah?" He replied. "What are we going to do when we Can actually go back home?" She asked.

"Well, we can still go out. I think most people know were dating. And we have houses practically right next to each other here in Malibu." Patrick replied. "So you won't leave me?" Ellen asked in a small voice, showing sheer vulnerability. Patrick shook his head. "I'm not leaving you. Not now, not ever." He said firmly.

Ellen smiled as she coughed roughly. "You okay?" Patrick asked. "I'm good." Ellen said as she took big breathes in and deep breathes out. "Okay." Patrick said. "I wish I could hold you and lay with you." He sighed. "Me too. A few more days." Ellen said. "A few more days. I gotta go, they want us to do some promotion thing." Patrick said with a frown.

"Okay. Have fun." Ellen said. "Love you. I'll talk to you later." He said. "Love you too." She replied with a smile as his face disappeared from the screen.

Ellen sighed as she scrolled through Instagram. She smiled thought when she saw a picture of her in the hospital Patrick's Instagram with the caption "My girl is fighting covid like a champ @ellenpompeo. Miss you so much ❤️" He wrote. She smiled at his words and wanted to see him even more, even considering she just talked to him.

I decided to find a picture of myself on the phone that the paparazzi managed to take earlier and post it on my Instagram with the caption "Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm doing well, should be out of here soon if all goes well. @patrickdempsey and my Greys crew, I miss you all very much. See you soon ❤️" I wrote and posted it. Randomly, I felt my eyes droop and I drifted off into a comfortable sleep.

At the house, the cast all had to film themselves indivisually and send it to ABC so that they could promote masks. They all had to say one word, something that related to wearing a mask. It was boring, but it was for a good cause. Even Ellen said a word in the hospital.

It was a pretty boring day overall for everyone. Patrick and everyone called Ellen once more before heading off to bed.

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you have any ideas for others, let me know!! Hope you guys are doing well ❤️