Goodbye

Illumis POV

"Then I guess.. I like you too, Hisoka.." I blushed slightly and hid my face in his chest. Saying this out loud was more embarrassing and awkward than I thought. I felt Hisoka hugging me tightly, nuzzling his face into my long hair and I.. felt safe. I finally felt safe. He.. made me feel safe. He made me happy. The only thing on my mind was.. Hisoka.
"What are you doing to me~?" He murmured into my ear as he kissed my head.
"I'd give that question back to you." I murred holding him close to hide my happiness and my smile in his neck.

Happiness can only last so long. And mine died when I answered the sudden phone call. That voice. That tone. That wording. It couldn't mean anything good.
"- Can't you tell me now? I apologize. I'll be there." I hung up the phone and it seemed like I wasn't good at hiding how I felt this time.
"Are you okay, Illu? Who called you?"
I avoided his gaze, I couldn't look him in his eyes eventough he was just worried.
"It's nothing.. I have to go.. I'll be back soon ok?" I quickly put on my shoes and jacket.
"Illu.. it's late. Are you sure you can't go tomorrow?" He frowned, I could feel it as he walked up to me
"I have to go now, I'm sorry."
"Stay save, Illu." He cupped my cheeks and kissed me tenderly. I kissed back shortly and then pulled away.
"I'll be waiting for you." I heard him say, before I left. As I walked to the front gate of the campus, I could already see the black limousine waiting for me. I didn't say anything for the whole ride, but my face was full of anxiety. I didn't know what to expect when I arrived at my destination, but it couldn't be anything good. My heart was beating abnormally fast and my long fingers were trembling so I squeezed my hands to stop them from doing so. I tried to calm myself and regain my cool composure. When the car stopped, I forced my blank expression onto my face and I stiffened up my body before getting out. I took a deep breath and then pushed open the heavy front gate.

Hisoka's POV

Nine days have gone by since Illumi left. Nine long days since he was in my arms. He didn't answer any of my phone calls or any of my messages. I haven't slept this bad in forever. I can't stop thinking and worrying about him. The professors keep asking why he's missing and I just have to tell them that he's sick and in bed. I don't know what to do.. I'm feeling empty without him.

I felt like a lifeless shell walking over campus, before I spotted him. My eyes widened and I sprinted over to him. I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around.
"Huh?" I furrowed my brows. It's not him.
"S-Sorry.. wrong person." He muttered and turned away from the tall girl with the long black hair. Thinking about it.. she looked nothing like him. Maybe it was my sleep deprivation or maybe my brain that just wanted to see Illumi in every person that slightly resembled him. I groaned and ruffled through my hair. Get a grip, Hisoka, get a grip. Gosh, I must look like an insane person. I mean I was before, but now even more. Even without my star and tear makeup I must look bonkers. I didn't have energy to draw them on. I didn't have energy to do my hair. I was glad enough that I managed to get dressed and go to readings.

I left my last class for that day and.. there he was. This time I was sure it was him. I looked around and there was barely anyone around so I grabbed his hand.
"Illu-! Where have you been?!" I exclaimed, but then Illumi snatched his hand out of mine.
"Don't call me that. My Name is Illumi Zoldyck. And it's none of your Business." His emotionless face and his ice cold voice sent shivers down my back.
"Illu.. I was worried sick.." My eyes were almost getting teary as I muttered this, confused by the blackhaireds sudden change of attitude towards me. "What happened to you..? What's with everything we had..?"
"Hisoka. We can't have that. I'm sorry if I got your hopes up, but this has to stop now." Just now I noticed the dark circles under his slightly swollen and reddish eyes.
"But Illumi..-"
The other male held up his hand to shut me up and for a second I felt like I could see a hint of guild or sadness in his eyes.
"Goodbye." He sighed and left quickly. I was just standing there baffled and unable to understand what just happened.

Illumi's POV

It broke my heart to be that cold to Hisoka. It broke my heart to see him like this. But it was for the better. It's not like I had a choice to act any different. I wish I could just hug and kiss him again. I wish I could tell him how much missed him and how much I like him, but I couldn't. I wish life was easier. I wish I could have a normal life with my own decisions, but happiness is something I'm not allowed to have. If I do then the people that are important to me will have to suffer. I hope one day he will be able to forgive me..

Writer's Note: Hello~ I am back with a slight bit of HisoIllu Angst 👉👈 And sorry, the following chapters will take longer to come out as well. My motivation still isn't quite back, but I hope you liked this chapter anyway ❤

I still wanna write some Genshin Oneshots but I'm struggling with starting something new, so let's see if that works out 😅