Working together

Hisoka's POV

"Do you have a suit? We're going to an underground ball, so we have to dress fancy." Illumi's eyes looked from me to the wardrobe, which held both of our clothes.
"Sure, I brought it for formal events at Uni." It was actually a requirement, since we would have events like the winter ball and stuff like that, where we would need to wear a suit.
"Great, put that on. And please remove your star and tear, we need to be as unnoticeable as possible." Eventhough I was a bit disappointed that I'd have to remove my signature star and tear, I nodded. I watched Illumi grab his outfit and some other items, but it didn't really look like a suit so I was curious what he would wear. When the other male got into the bathroom, I removed my MakeUp, styled my hair back with gel and then changed into my suit and my fancy shoes. I sat down on the bed to wait for my roommate to get finished.

After a few minutes I heard the door creak open so my golden orbs darted in the direction of the bathroom and my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. The black haired beauty walked towards me in this long black satin dress. The slit in the skirt was just high enough to reveal one of the long pale legs.
"Hisoka. Your nose is bleeding."
Just then I snapped out of it and I quickly covered my nose with my hand. I blushed from one ear to the other, but I couldn't stop staring.
"I-Illu? Is that you??" I stuttered as he handed me a tissue.
"Who else would it be?" The assassin furrowed his brows.
"D-Damn- you look really fucking sexy~" I couldn't hide the Lust in my eyes nor in my voice.
"Ah- is it too much?" The shorter male asked without any emotions, looking down at his dress.
"N-No, you look amazing~" I cleaned up my nose and tried to focus on the task at hand. I wanted to be a good partner in this mission, so Illumi wouldn't regret allowing me to join him. That's why I couldn't stare at him for the whole evening, especially not as lustfully as I did just now. I got up from the bed, grabbed his hand and twirled him around.
"Wow, you look really convincing. What a little bit of MakeUp and a different Outfit can archive is truly fascinating~" My orbs wandered up and down his body, still baffled how easily he switched from being a handsome guy to looking like a female movie star on the red carpet. His fingers grabbed my chin so I would look him in the face as he spoke.
"We need to get going." Illumi pulled away and put on his coat.
"Yes, sorry. I.. I was just impressed." I replied awkwardly and we made our way out of the university.

My roommate pulled me into a black car and we sat down in the back.
"Don't worry, that's our driver, he'll escort us to the location."
"Ok so what's the mission and how can I be of help?" I asked excitedly.
"I only know who I have to kill, everything else is classified information. And you Hisoka, you function as a bodyguard for me. We will act like we're a couple, this way you help keep men away from me and out of my way." Illumi's hand rested on my knee as he explained.
"Huh? Did something like this happen before?"
"Yes, I had a similar mission once and they flocked to me like I was handing out free stuff so I want to avoid that. By having you by my side, I'm hoping they won't bother me."
"Got it. So we'll act like we're dating, huh~?" I smirked.
"Yes, don't overdo it, though." He sighed. "By the way, I hope you can dance?"
"Dance?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Well we'll have to blend in so we most likely will have to dance together."
"Ah yeah, sure. I can dance." I bit my lip, trying to stop myself from grinning. This evening is getting better and better.

After a few minutes, the car pulled over and stopped so I looked out of the window, spotting a tall and luxurious hotel.
"I guess we're here."
"Yes. From the moment we get out of the car, please act your part and please don't refer to me by my real name." Illumi stated as he took off his coat.
"Of course." I nodded and exited the car once the driver opened the door. I turned around and stretched out my hand to Illumi. His graceful hand was placed in mine and he elegantly got out of the car. The way the other male hooked in on my arm felt so natural and our steps towards the hotel were perfectly synchronized. We entered the building and when we reached the elevator Illumi showed the concierge a, probably fake, invitation. The concierge called the elevator for us and unlocked floor 88 for us. We stepped inside and I held Illumi close, just in case something happened. The doors of the elevator closed and we slowly started ascending.

"Calm down." Illumi whispered, taking my hand.
"Huh?" I looked over at him.
"Your heartbeat.. please try to be calm." He gently squeezed my hand to assure me that everything was alright. I nodded and took a deep breath to calm my heart.
"Sorry." I muttered quietly, interlacing our fingers.
"Don't worry, I was nervous when i went to my first ball too." He gave me a small smile and I got the hint. There could be hidden cameras in the elevator so we had to be careful what we said or did.
"That's not it.. I'm nervous because.. you're such a gorgeous woman and I don't want to embarrass my lady~" I smirked and I saw Illumi blush a bit.
"I'm sure you won't, love." The others voice was soft and flirty, a tone I have never heard from him before, so this time I blushed a bit. I bit my lip and looked at the floor display.
85.. 86.. 87.. 88.
The elevator came to a halt and the doors opened before we stepped out together.

Writer's Note: I hope y'all are okay with me slipping in another scenario before we get to the movie night, i got something small planned for that, and it would've been too early just now 😅
Also: with Underground ball i meant a party of high class dealers, heads from big foundations, stuff like that, not a ball under ground 😂 i just didn't know what it was called, so If you know a better word, please tell me ❤