Lucas merely pauses and waves at the woman before continuing to climb through again, stretching his long legs to reach my side. When he finally steps onto my ledge, I grip both of his arms to steady him but my unexpected drip only seems to teeter Lucas instead.

"Oh shit-"

He wobbles slightly forwards and is unable to regain balance so ends up plummeting forward into my room and essentially bringing me down with him.

"Eumprgfh."

All the air gushes out of my body as my back collides with the floor and Lucas ends up flat on top of me. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

I writhe in pain during the leisurely beat that passes before Lucas presses up off of me and I stare up at Lucas with a scowl as I'm finally allowed to intake a large inhale of breath.

"Hey," he grins at my reaction, a dimple indenting his left cheek as he stares down at me, only a slither of space between our bodies.

"Hey." My nose scrunches up as droplets of water from his hair fall onto my face. My scowl immediately wilts away as my eyes zone in on Lucas' lips barely inches away from mine. "Why didn't you just use the door like a normal person?" I ask although it is clear I don't really care for an answer to that question when I'm pulling Lucas down by his silver chain to press a kiss onto his lips before the words even properly leave my mouth.

Lucas unfortunately decides that he wants to answer my question. He pulls away after a moment and cocks an eyebrow. "What's the fun in that? Plus I wanted to try something new."

"Please don't make this a habit. I don't want you to fall to your death."

"The drop isn't that much. If I fall, it won't be to my death...I might just break a leg or two though."

"Wowie, that makes it all the more reassuring," sarcasm laces my voice as I snort. I wiggle underneath Lucas and he sits up before standing, grabbing my arm to haul me up along with him.

"I'll be fine," he teases.

"Also what are you doing here?" I tilt my head to the side, unable to hide my smile as I look up at Lucas as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into his chest, his right hand laying flat against my lower back and inching slowly down towards my ass. "We're not allowed to see each other before the big date according to Mia and Grace."

"Please," he snorts. "This isn't our wedding, it's not bad luck to see you before."

I jab a finger to his chest. "Don't jinx it. You never know what can happen."

"Mm okay." His eyes are concentrated on my mouth and I know I've lost him but I too forget about whatever conversation we were just when his thumb brushes my bottom lip and I see his intention of kissing me again flare in his eyes.

I'm right because his lips meet mine a moment later. A breathy sigh escapes from Lucas as our bodies press against each other, something I've noticed always happens when we kiss. My arms tighten around his neck as a result and I get up on my tiptoes and push myself even closer to him, my chest crushing against his. His lips glide smoothly against mine and his tongue caresses my tongue as he cheekily slips it inside my mouth. Lucas' right hand slides up to cup my face as his left moves down to cup my ass and give it a firm squeeze.

I knit my hand into his hair at the nape of his neck just as he decides to retract his tongue and press one last firm, closed mouth kiss onto my mouth before pulling apart from me. I frown, my eyebrows knitting together in dismay after we stop kissing but understanding floods through me a second later when I hear the patter of footsteps across the landing.