ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

Začít od začátku

Eliora awkwardly fumbled with her fingers, what was she supposed to say? "Eh- what did you want to talk to me about, General?" Leia sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you, it's Leia.", she smiled at the girl. Eliora grinned at the General. "Probably a few more times." There was a short awkward break, before the princess began speaking again. "About your mission.", Leia answered and Eliora let out a sigh of relief, she knew that it would have probably been about her mission, but there was still this fear in her. That she would have to leave. That she would have go back to Tatooine. It wasn't likely at all, but everything could happen, right?

"Well, me and Poe got parted on Jakku. He wanted me to stay with Beebe. It took a bit convincing from him to get me stay." The Genera interrupted her. "A bit?", she asked, raising her eyebrows. "Okay, well, it took a lot of convincing. I didn't want to let him alone.", Eliora confessed, defeated. "The scavenger, everyone probably already told you about, Rey, offered me help.", Eliora continued explaining. "Then you met Finn and the First Order came to Tatooine. You took Han's ship, which stood there, and flew off the planet. Then you met Han and-", the General interrupted Eliora. Eliora furrowed her eyebrows. She already knew. Of course she already knew, she was the General. Everyone must have already told her what happened.

"Han told me everything.", Leia approved Eliora's thoughts. "Ah." Well- of course he had. Eliora had told him the whole thing when they were on the Falcon. And considering that they were once married, or still married, it was clear that he had already told her everything. Eliora nodded for a second, before stopping right in her tracks. Wait- Han had told the General everything? Oh no, that couldn't mean-

"This pilot you went with- he meant a big deal to you, didn't he?" Eliora nodded. "When I joined the resistance he was there from the beginning on. And we got pretty close.", she explained. "Hey, it's okay. You still have the memories with him." Eliora smiled at the old man.

There were a few ways to interpret the sentence. Meaning "a big deal" to someone could only be a strong friendship. Two people who would do a lot for each other, who protect each other. Two people who care for each other, laugh together, tell each other stories. Two people who just have fun and smile. Just two friends. A platonic relationship. Like the one Eliora had with Aayla. Or the one she had with Chloe.

But considering this being Han Solo she told the things to, she knew he probably interpreted meaning "a big deal" to someone a little bit differently. Not a strong friendship, but just being in love with someone. Caring about someone more than caring about yourself. Wanting to spend the whole time you could get with someone. It could have meant love. Or well- that was how Han could have interpreted it.The actual thing was something in between. Actually, Han was probably right with his opinion, but still this was the General Eliora was talking to, not a friend of hers. "Like everything? Or everything everything?"

The thing was: would the General approve to all of this? First of all Poe was an important person in the Resistance. Important was an understatement. He was definitely one of the most important ones. In charge as a Commander. Leader of the Black Squadron. The General's - literal- right hand. He was needed and he was important. And no matter what they would become, Eliora knew she would probably always be in the second place. Well- only she thought so. So Poe was needed and the General could maybe think that having him involved with someone wouldn't be good. Yes, there were other people in the resistance, who were involved with someone, but maybe not people as important as Poe. Eliora took a deep breath. They weren't even a thing, why was she thinking so much?

But the General had also once been involved with Han. They had even married. Eliora didn't know more and not much, but she knew that they hadn't worked out. That they hadn't seen each other for long. For a married couple they were holding a too big distance, they were fighting too much. They hadn't worked out. Yes, they still could. But maybe the General had lost faith in love and would think it was a bad idea. Who was Eliora? A girl from Tatooine, whose parents had abandoned her. A girl who had joined the resistance not too long ago and was a simple pilot. She didn't even have any relatives who used to be in the resistance like everyone else had. And Poe, he was the Commander, the one whose parents were resistance heroes. So maybe the General wouldn't-