Chapter 29

"You sound so much more different from that night," He said looking straight at me with those beautiful Blue-green eyes. "Yea" I was replying with the shortest answers possible. I don't know what I can and cannot say. We have met a few times before. "You were so much more confident when u talked. It's like hiding your identity gave u courage and confidence."  That is true. I would have never even talked to him if he knew it was really me. "Yea Ig" I replied. 

For a moment there was just silence. None of us spoke a word. I didn't know what to say. Maybe I should leave. This was a bad idea. 

"Maybe I shd-"

"Maybe I shd-"

We spoke at the same time. "Go ahead," he said to me. "I should leave," I said to him. "O yea ok. Let me just grab the book you picked out it's still in the library ryt?" I just nodded. And so he left to grab the book

I turned around and stared into the pool. There is something weird going on. It's like I wanna talk to him but at the same time I am nervous and I am afraid am gonna embarrass myself. He seems like a nice guy. And that night too. Even though we don't know each other for long he has been very nice to me. But I wanna know how he recognized me. I recognized him from his eyes and voice but he even knew my name. Maybe am overthinking this. I don't even know what this is. It's a friendly date like I told Harley and that's what it is. 

"Here" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around and saw him handing the book to me. I took it and thanked him for it. I was ready to leave but those questions were bothering me. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked him and he nodded. "How did you know it was me. Like if I was the same person from the ball" I asked him. He came closer and just stared at me. And it was like he was looking through my soul. 

He gently grabbed my wrist and pulled it up to my face. "This," He said showing me the mark I had on my hand. It was my birthmark. It was a small N-shaped mark. It wasn't even that noticeable. "When I pulled you to the dance floor I saw it and idk ig when I saw it again I just thought it might be you. Also, your voice, hair color, and eyes matched the person who I danced with that night" He responded. I suddenly remembered that I had blurted out how beautiful his eyes were. I hope he doesn't remember that. It would have been embarrassing. "I also remember you staring at me and saying I have beautiful eyes" Ugh why does my life hate me so much. I feel so embarrassed.

"Can I ask you a question?" He said to me. "Sure" I replied. "Did you not recognize me at campus? The time we bumped into each other" He asked me. I should just tell the truth. There is no point in hiding it now. "I did but it wouldn't make any difference," I said to him. "Does this?" He said gently placing his hand under my chin and lifting it up. He came closer and slowly pressed his lips against mine. And I didn't know how to react or what to do. My heart was beating faster than ever. And the expression that people use often. I felt butterflies in my stomach. What is this feeling?

He slowly pulled away. And smiled. And I couldn't help but blush but also stare into those beautiful eyes. It's like being hypnotized. He looked at me a bit concerned and that's when I came back to my sense. "I will go now," I said to him as I walked past him. Trying not to blush harder than I already was. I felt my cheeks heat up and I didn't even know what to say.

I might sound Naive. But this was the first time I have kissed someone. Ig I wasn't really interested in someone or ig no one was ever interested in me but it felt nice. Maybe it's because it was my first time kissing someone but I hope that this could turn into something more. 

Next chapter will be the ending.