Chapter 9

The man who I had kicked now punched me in the stomach. It hurt so bad. He got ready to throw another punch but right when he was about to hit me again heard a voice. A voice I only wished I heard again. "Get the fuck away from her" Neil was here. Tears flowed down again. The man behind me stopped me from yelling but Neil found me anyway. And I couldn't be happier. But then I got hit again. This time I lost my balance. If the man didn't hold me from behind I would have collapsed. 

I saw Neil hitting them and then being hit by them. I knew one thing bout, Neil. He was great with knives or any type of sharp weapon. He took down the two guys that were there. And he came closer to the guy who I kicked. They fought for a good 10 mins till something I never thought I would see happen. Neil slit the man's throat. The man held his throat and tried to breathe as his hands were covered in blood. Soon his lifeless body fell to the ground. He came towards me and the man who still held me. But now there was a knife to my throat. "Stay back or I swear to god I will do it" I felt the cold metal against my throat. All he had to do was push and slide. And I would die the same way Neil killed the man. 

"PUT IT DOWN" The man behind me yelled. Neil slowly started to go down with the knife and he almost set it down. But then within a few seconds, he threw it towards me. But it wasn't for me it was for the guy behind. Neil's aim was always perfect. And this time too. The grip around me loosened. I turned around to face a man with a pocket knife sticking out his head. 

I ran to Neil and he pulled me into a tight hug. "Sorry, you had to witness that" Neil whispered. "I don't care. Am just glad you are here" suddenly we heard sirens. Neil pulled away. "We have to go," He said in a worried voice. He grabbed my hand and we started to run. We ran and ran but the cops were right behind us. 

I started to lose my balance. My heart was beating so fast that I could hear it. I was dizzy and unstable. "Neil I can't," I said out of breath. He pulled me into an alley. It was a very narrow alley. There was barely a few inches of space between Neil and I. He looked at me. "Ik you are tired love but you need to stay strong ok." I felt bad that I couldn't run. That I got tired. "Neil u don't understand. My heart can't take it" I tried to explain to him in between deep breaths. 

The sirens got louder. "Just leave ok. I can take this" I said to Neil. "No. Don't say that," He said to me. "Neil don't worry. It was self-defense if they catch me but if they catch you it's murder. you know how this works" Neil knew that I was right. "No," He said to me. "I won't let you get caught. This will affect your career and your dream job. I know how bad you want this Ari" He pressed his forehead on mine and he closed his eyes. "I wanted to tell you I was going abroad but I wanted to wait till our anniversary was over." A sudden rush of guilt took over me. "Happy Anniversary love". "Neil I-" but he interrupted me by pressing his lips on mine. Giving me a chaste kiss before getting out of the alley. Before I had time to react he was already gone. And the police cars chasing after him.

I was left alone in that small alley. All alone with nothing but guilt and sadness.