It was a quiet moment as others from the tribe watched on, wishing they could do something to help. Jack was a kit in the tribe which meant the whole group of them felt the need to protect him if need be. Seeing the boy like this made them all feel useless as he had been screaming in his sleep, begging for him not to be hit. They all watched as Aster, one the most stone cold warriors in the tribe held his son in the most gentle way. 

"Don't let him get me, don't..." Aster blocked out Jack's mumbling that always happened after a nightmare. He would go on until falling back asleep as he mumbled about not letting anything happen to him. He looked up to see Lilly looking down sadly at Jack and wished that the boy trusted the others enough to hold him after one too but knew that was a stretch. 

"He will be okay, it just takes time." Aster waited a few minutes before feeling Jack's body slump as he fell into a deep sleep. He knew now that his son would probably be jumpy for a few days and avoid any contact from anyone. It would be the first time any of the others had dealt with that. 

The Next Day

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Aster looked Jack over as he made sure for the hundredth time that Jack would be fine if he went to the Pole for a while with Lilly to help North with painting. He would be going with Eleanor, Ares, and Lilly, leaving Ridley and Liam in charge of Jack. Aster knew that Jack couldn't handle being around North after a nightmare as bad as that one just due to how big North was. 

"Yes, Dad. I'll be fine. Go before North loses his mind." Lilly bent down, scratching nervously at the back of her ear. She was nervous to leave Jack alone in the Warren without her or Bunny after yesterday. Last night, Aster wouldn't let Jack sleep alone and she could tell Jack didn't want to either. But when she woke up Jack was gone and Aster explained he wouldn't want to be touched. 

"Go on, you overgrown fur rat, get out of here." Bunny glared at Jack for the nickname and watched the cocky little smile spread across his face. He heard laughter as he glanced over to see Liam holding on to Ridley's shoulder at the nickname. He shook his head before glancing back at Jack who just looked bored with the whole situation. 

"We will be back soon, it shouldn't take long with all of us." Jack groaned before pushing Bunny towards the tunnels. He knew Bunny was just being a Dad but it was getting annoying. He needed his space and all of them being around was making him suffocate. Jack took to the air as he flew towards the back of the Warren where most didn't go, his very own hiding place. 

"Keep an eye on him. He will probably stay back there for most the time until I get back but still." He made sure both Ridley and Liam got the message before turning around to head towards the tunnels. He could tell by the look on his parents and wife's face they didn't want to leave either. 

He usually would turn back one last time just to check over the landscape before leaving but didn't this time because he was so focused on already coming back. He really should have because then he would've seen the rain cloud gathering above from the magic in the Warren, giving the sign it was time for a thunderstorm to water the gardens. 

-----------------------

Jack was taking his time as he walked back to the house. He wasn't really rushing anything as he focused on the surrounding trees and bushes while walking. It was helping him keep his mind off of his nightmare as he made his way through the trees. It was about ten minutes that he made his way out of the tree line. He saw Ridley working on a new plot in the garden as Liam was just resting beside a tree. 

He pointed his staff, shooting a small bit of snow at Liam's ears to wake him up. He laughed as his uncle jumped up as if he was ready to fight before glaring at him. He smiled at the sound of Ridley's laugh. He was about to make his way to the Burrow to see the kits when a boom of thunder went through the area making him freeze.