Fading Promise

-posting early today on all my stories, this story, my miraculous story, and I am releasing "His Secret Princess" today as well so go check that out! The prologue and first chapter will be out today.
-this was a request sent in by @WhatCanIDo9 ! Bunny set a rule that Jack had 2 months to come back after something happens that makes him run off, if he doesn't come back they look for him. But what happens when he doesn't come back? What happens when the wrong thing was found and it may have cost them their snowflake? This will be a very long chapter

I will say this will be a very sad chapter. Get the tissues, ladies and gents. It is going to be a very rough ride.

-----------------------------

Two Months Before

Everything happened so quickly. Tooth wasn't prepared for it. No one was. They didn't think. It had been known they had to tell him at some point but it was so hard to admit they had to. Jack was their snowflake, their sweet tooth. He was Bunny's kit. Pitch's bestfriend. North's snowflake. Tooth's Sweet tooth. They couldn't just tell him. 

She stared at the boy, tears falling down her face. Sandy floated beside her in the same shape as her. He didn't know what to do. For the first time since Pitch's arrow, he felt broken. He felt like he had been shattered. The boy wasn't supposed to figure out like this. They were supposed to all sit down and tell him, together. He wasn't supposed to figure it out by himself. 

Bunny stood with his ears pressed against his head and tears shinning in the green eyes. The inside of his cheek was bleeding from biting down to hide the words he wanted to yell. He was biting down to hide the guilt he felt for not telling Jack already. Bunny hid his words well but he couldn't hide his body language. God, they had messed up. He had messed up. 

North was frozen. He stared at the book in Jack's hands. The book was never supposed to be found by him. It was never supposed to be out in the open actually. But someone had forgotten to put it up. They were supposed to sit him down, privately, and explain everything peacefully. It wasn't supposed to be read to him alone. 

Pitch would never get Jack's face out of his head. His worst nightmare stood infront of him. Jack's face was broken. His eyes were filled with tears, face covered in frozen tears. His hands were shaking as the floor around him froze from his emotions. The book in his hands was something that Pitch faintly recognized. 

"Guess I should get ready for goodbye, huh?" Jack's voice was blank as he slowly backed away. Aster walked forward to grab him but it was to late. He was gone. 

"N-North, wh-at did we do?" Tooth sobbed.

Present Time

It had been two months since anyone had seen Jack. 

No one had seen him, heard him, felt his wind, felt a chill in the air, nothing. 

Sandy had looked every night, every single night, for the boy in the sky and there was nothing. He searched for his dreams. He searched for a mental link. Anything. The Sandman didn't sleep, even during the day he was looking. He wasn't going to stop. It had been two months.

Tooth started going out on the field. She joined her little fairies around the world gathering the teeth. But she used half her attention looking for her Sweet Tooth. She couldn't summon him through the memory canister because he had that. She gave it to him after they all watched his memories because of Manny. She wasn't going to stop. It had been two months. 

Pitch tried to call on to the shadows that followed Jack but they didn't listen. They wouldn't come to him, refused to be near him. They blamed him for their friend leaving. Jack knew how to hide. That was Pitch's fault. He had taught Jack how to hide from anyone and anything if he ever needed to, even him. Pitch never really knew how the conversation at the Pole got to the point that it did. He wasn't going to stop. It had been two months.