Ares & The Seasonals

Manny has disappeared, what could he be doing? Is everyone ready to meet the father of our favorite pooka? 

----------------------------

Thursday 

Jack was standing on his staff on a high rock in the Warren. He wasn't watching the sunset, quiet the opposite actually. He was looking for the moon. Manny had disappeared ever since telling everyone when he would be leaving. Jack figured he was just hiding from everyone that could blame him. He was aware that this wasn't exactly Manny's fault, every power had to have balance. 

Jack knew that his appearance was changing. The rock sat infront of the lake that he was using as a mirror. His skin was so bright he almost looked like glass, his hair was somehow even more white, his eyes were glowing a deeper blue, and his frost was spreading over his legs and up his body. He couldn't feel the ice coming up his legs nor could he tell that the area around him was getting colder. Only reason he was able to was because the rock and water immediately froze when he tried sitting on them. 

"Kit, you know you can sit on the rock." He turned to see his father hopping up to settle beside him. He winced when he saw his fur stand on end and the shiver down his back. Bunny looked up at him softly but then narrowed his eyes on him. 

"Stop feeling guilty for it. It's not your fault." Jack sighed, hoping off his staff. He stepped on the rock that immediately started freezing around him. The ice was thick and dark, it did make him a little afraid. He sat down beside his father who was hotter than normal. He turned to see a type of jewel glowing in Aster's hand that he felt heat coming from. Looking around, he saw the Warren seemed to glow brighter. Aster was activating the spring magic to make it warm.

They sat, watching the stars. He knew that Pitch had been here. The left over nightmare sand he saw was his biggest clue. His last clue was the sight of Bunny trying to hard to hide the fact he was sensing for something different. Jack was not going to be the first one to talk because there was nothing he could do. 

"Why weren't you going to tell me you are seeing dead people?" The anger in his voice made him wince. It wasn't a surprise there was anger there. It would make him angry too if he knew that they were seeing Emma and didn't tell him. 

"It would scare you. I'm not dying, they are just...there. I don't know why." He saw Bunny clench his fist. 

"I thought we agreed no more secrets, no matter how important it is." Jack bowed his head, his father was right. He had agreed to that and made him agree to it too. They didn't keep secrets from each other. 

"I saw Nick and Andy first, then your mother came. Callahan, Natasha, Denver were next and then Emily. They are the only ones I've seen." He could see Aster's ears fall as he spoke. He told him everything, how they showed up, what they said, how they explained everything. By the end of it, he didn't look at his father because he could see the tear and knew if he saw it, he would cry too. 

"Jack, you can't go with any of them. Pitch already told you but I'm gonna say it again, you aren't going anywhere." 

"I know that, Dad. I already told Pitch I wouldn't be dying and I'm not. I just told you what will be happening." Aster glared over at him in which he returned the look. They had both talked on and off about when he would leave, but today he would be making his father talk because he was staying with Mother Nature tomorrow. 

"You know I'm staying with Seraphina tomorrow, so we need to talk about this now." Bunny turned to glare at the side, he wasn't ready for this. Jack was never supposed to go anywhere now. This was his kit.