Chapter One: How our story begins

(18 years later)

A little living tree sapling ran out the balcony on (Y/N)'s tower trying to find a place to hide. This was Baby Groot. And Groot was playing hide and seek with his friend, (Y/N). Groot tried to disguise himself as one of the plants outside. (Y/N) opened the doors to try to find her little friend. She saw him but pretended not to and walk off. Using her hair, (Y/N) took Groot and hung him upside down.

"That's twenty-two for me. How about twenty-three, out of forty-five?" (Y/N) asked.

"I am Groot!" Groot said
(I don't want to play anymore!)

"Okay, well, what do you want to do?"

Groot pointed out the window, indicating that he wants to go outside.

"Yeah, I don't think so. I like it in here and so do you," (Y/N) said.

Groot stuck his tongue out.

"Oh, come on Groot, it's not so bad in there," (Y/N) said smiling

(Y/N) ran inside and started her everyday chores and used her hair for help.

'7 a.m. the usual morning lineupstarting the chores I sweep 'til the floors all clean. Polish and wax, do laundry and mop and shine up. Sweep again, and by then it's like 7:15. So I'll read a book, or maybe two or three. I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery. I'll play guitar, and knit, and cook and basically. Wonder when will my life, begin.'

(Y/N) looked at a wall and wondered what she could do with it. She took out her paints, moved the board that was in the way and started to paint it a dark blue.

'Then after lunch, it's puzzles, and darts and baking. Paper-mache, a bit of ballet, and chess. Pottery, and ventriloquy, candle making. Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch. Take a climb, sew a dress, and I'll re-read the books. If I have time to spare, I'll paint the walls some more, I'm sure there's room somewhere. And then I'll brush, and brush, and brush, and brush my hair. Stuck in the same place I've always been. And I'll keep wondering, and wondering, and wondering... Wondering, just when will my life begin?' Tomorrow night, the lights will appear. Just like they do on my birthday, each year. What is it like out there, where they glow? Now that I'm older. Mother might just let me go.'

Meanwhile, in the kingdom, a young man and two crooks were climbing the castle to steal the Princess' crown that would sit in a room, untouched. The young man was Steven Strange although the kingdom knew him as Doctor Strange. The two crooks were Drax and Rocket. They were planning to take the crown, sell it, and become rich men. While he had the opportunity, Steven looked out at the view from the castle.

A beautiful one it was too. Drax had to drag Steven away from the view to do the job. Using a rope, the two lowered Steven down to snatch the crown where it sat. A guard sneezed due to hay fever which Steven commented about before leaving. That caused the guards to chase after the three. Meanwhile, (Y/N) was putting her paints away getting ready to ask Hela to go see the floating lights.

"This is it. This is a very big day, Groot," (Y/N) giggled, "I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to ask her."

"(Y/N)! Let down your hair!" Hela called.

"It's time."

"I am Groot!" Groot said.
(Be brave!)

"I know, I know. Come on, don't let her see you," (Y/N) hid Groot.

(Y/N) went to her window and set everything up to help Hela up. She put her hair on a hook outside the window and threw down the rest. Hela took the end and made it a hoop for her foot to stay. She stepped on and (Y/N) pulled her up.