Chapter 6 - Best friends with benefits

Start from the beginning

Maybe it was then when she fell or maybe it was then when she realised, but Minjoo found herself mesmerised by Chaewon's charm. The teasing and random compliments, it finally hit her. A feeling of warmth and love, so different from what she use to feel, so new and so perfect. At the right time, right place, right feeling, everything was just so pure and true. No confusion or denial.

Chaewon's hand, brushing gently on the love marks. Was this what she was missing? Was this what Minjoo wanted to feel when she loved someone? For so long, she had always wanted to know what love felt like. Yujin was never able to fulfil that, just by the slightest yes, but nothing major, a small crush at the least.

"What are we?" A soft giggle following "Best friends with benefits?" Sarcasm was intended but it sounded rather sad than Chaewon probably wanted.

Those words, not only hurting the one they came from but also the one they went directly to. Is this how they were going to stay? Just best friends who use each other when there hormones run wild? Even though it was painful to hear, Minjoo couldn't bring herself to confess. It's not like Chaewon would reject, she was just afraid.

"I'm tired, let's just go back to sleep okay?" Chaewon's left hand on Minjoo's cheek as she cuddled closer.

Putting her head in the younger's neck and wrapped her hands around Minjoo's waist, drifting off to sleep not long after. The girl beside her however, was still wide awake not feeling the slightest bit tired. She went into deep thought quietly, the silent room helping her concentrate better.

"I don't want us to just be best friends with benefits, that's not what I want, it just doesn't feel right" she whispered out, accidentally getting a voice crack from the built up emotions she was feeling.

She placed her arms over Chaewon, tightening the hug even more and following her into dreamland.

*

Chaewon's pov:

I woke up to a beam of line shining on my face and the smell of fresh pancakes. Noticing that Minjoo was no longer there, the feeling of the room was empty and lonely. Lazily, I stepped out of bed and into her bathroom, wanting to clean myself before going downstairs.

At this rate, I practically live here. I arrive unannounced and Minjoo's parents don't mind, I've got my own toothbrush, they even let me have one of the spare rooms where some of my clothes are too. Not forgetting that they treat me as their own child and are more surprised when I'm not here. Minjoo is the same for my family. My older sister once picked her up from the park instead of me because she got confused on who was who.

This friendship, it's too precious to let go of. So much memories and so many secrets that we've built, I don't know what I'd do if she did leave me. I know I'm taking like it's the end of the world but after last night, I really don't know what her feelings are nor do I know my own.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I headed down stairs to be greeted with Minjoo cooking those pancakes. I walked behind her, putting my arms around her waist, swaying ever so slightly.

"Morning unnie- hm~" she lightly sighed, as I pecked the marks I made last night.

I chuckled softly, as I moved up to the back of her right ear. "Does my touch affect you that much, Min?" I could feel her shiver "my poor baby seems to be smitten by me, you love this don't you?" I held her hips firmly, pulling her closer and moving from one side of her neck to the other with small kisses.

Her breathing became unstable, and her grip tightened on the spatula "unnie please~"

"Please what?" I teased, subtly sucking on her shoulder.

She flipped the last pancake in hurry, setting it on a plate and turned off the stove. "Stop teasing me" she turned and pushed me to the kitchen island which wasn't very far.

Seeing her eyes filled with lust and annoyance, made me want her even more. She stepped closer, putting her hands on the counter behind me and hovering over. Our face, only a few centimetres away.

"And what are you gonna do about it?" A smirk crept up to my lips as I stared at hers.

Minjoo clenched her teeth, not being able to move or look away from me. "I'd very much like to see you dominate me, that is.. if you can" I pressured, that's when she closed that gap between us.

Closing my eyes as I felt her lips on mine. It was soft and passionate, moving in sync. I raised my hands to cup her face, deepening the kiss. She started getting rougher and I followed. Minjoo asked for entrance, gently biting on my bottom lip. But me being a tease, refused and kept my mouth shut, still pecking her lips.

*•*•*