"Are you still on your period?" He questioned, his eyes dropping to my lips.

"Yes, so you better restrain yourself, mister." I teased him with a smirk.

His lips formed a childish pout, making me chuckle. I stood up on my toes to peck his lips and unfortunately had to let go for him to continue with the cooking.

"Are you sure you don't want any help?" I held his arm while I stood close beside him by the stove. He was making lunch for the both of us and hadn't even allowed me to lift so much as a finger.

"Yes, don't force me to kick you out again." He warned, glancing at me with a cocked brow.

"But I want to help, you always make food for me," I argued.

He chuckled and placed a quick kiss on top of my head.

"I know, that's the whole point. I want to take care of you."

"I'm not a child, you know," I said, looking up at him. His mouth formed a smug smile.

"Oh really? You sure?"

I elbowed his side, which unfortunately not proved my point. He chuckled at my reaction and I turned to sit down on a chair. If he won't let me help I can at least watch him cook. I enjoyed it, seeing his muscles flex when he moved, his concentrated frown when he added different spices.

He was an amazing cook too. What doesn't this man have? He felt too good to be true. Apart from his overly protective and dominant behavior — and small anger issues — he was the ideal man. For me, at least.

"Staring is rude, just so you know." He looked at me over his shoulder, smirking.

"Can you blame me though?" I tilted my head with raised brows.

"I guess you're right." He agreed, turning around to walk to the opposite side of the kitchen island."If I had a hot partner like me I would stare too." He glanced up at me with a teasing expression, waiting for my reaction.

I narrowed my eyes at him."I never said you were hot, did I?"

"You don't have to, gattina. I can see it all by the way you're drooling." He smirked, starting to cut the vegetables on the wooden board.

I was dating a man-child.

•••

My parents and I were supposed to have dinner tonight at some fancy restaurant. Just us three. I hadn't been home for four days, making Emily cover for me while I was here with James.

The plan about telling them about me and James was taking place tonight, and I had no idea how they were going to react. I knew they both liked James, as a businessman. But I didn't know if they would like him as my boyfriend. I already knew my dad would freak out the most. He barely accepted the guys I've dated before, and they were my age. Not 16 years older...

When I arrived home to make myself ready to go with my parents, I was greeted by the door by Charlie. I closed it behind me and crouched down as he walked to me, his fluffy tail lifting as he got closer.

"Hi, Charlie, how have you been?" I said, petting his long white fur. Not that I was expecting a response, but it was normal to talk to your animals though, right? Especially in that high tone that you only used to babies and animals.