Forty

I changed the cover, what do you think? 🤍

__________

Ava

The last two days here in Italy, Milano to be exact, have been amazing. I and James had been out in the city, he knew it like the palm of his hand and showed me the best restaurants, cafes, the beautiful buildings and so on. It was the middle of July, and there was a lot of tourists around. We avoided too crowded places, 'because of safety' as James had said.

We were going to one of his restaurants tonight, which I was really excited about. I sometimes forgot that I'm dating someone so rich and successful. Even though I'm in his huge mansion pretty much every day.

I had just woken up and was changing out of my sleep-shirt before walking towards the smell of breakfast. The first thing I saw when I walked into the kitchen was James's bare back. I watched as his muscles flexed while he cooked and stepped closer to put my arms around his waist.
He tensed up a bit before relaxing against my front.

"Don't sneak up on me like that."

I chuckled and placed a kiss on his shoulder, having to stand up on my toes to do so.

"I'm sorry, baby. Goodmorning."

He turned to me and pulled my face closer by grabbing my jaw, kissing my lips.

"Goodmorning, bambina."

"I love when you speak Italian but I have no idea what that means, James."

He chuckled and put his arms around my small frame.

"It means baby."

"I like that." I smiled, pecking his lips. I liked when he spoke to me in Italian, nicknames especially. When he spoke sentences I couldn't understand shit, even if the words slipped off his tongue so magnificently.

We started eating the food he had made when it was done. I helped him with what I could, the pancakes for example, the rest was already done. I found it kind of sweet that he liked to cook so often, and especially that he was good at it. Like, I'm sorry mom but I think my man might beat your cooking.

The rest of the day James, unfortunately, had to do some work so he wasn't here in the apartment. I had called my mom and talked to her for like an hour just to have something to occupy myself with. She asked how it was like 'working' with James and how he had been during these days. If only she knew.

I couldn't exactly tell her how he had fucked the living shit out of me on every surface of this apartment. Literally. The kitchen island, the counter, the couch, the balcony, the bathroom sink, some other furniture, and the bed. Nope, not going to tell her that. So I just told her that he seemed like a good boss. Which he in a way was...

After a couple of hours, I heard James come back while I was snuggled up on the couch. I turned my head and smiled when I saw him walk in.

"Hey, baby." He said, slumping down by my legs that he lifted to rest in his lap as I was laying down. I got tingles when he gently stroked the bare skin.

"Everything okay? You look tired." I sat up and dragged my fingers through his hair as he spoke.
Apparently, there had been some mixup in shipping and some clients had been pissed off. He could speak to me openly about this sort of stuff and honestly, it didn't even bother me.