Chapter 5: The "Rescue"

"Invaders!" Langua shrieks in anger and disbelief. "Prepare for battle!"

I rise from my chair and we all run outside the palace to see what's going on. I don't know what she means by "invaders", but whoever they are, I feel like in their eyes, they won't believe them.

When we run through the halls that can lead us outside the palace, a sudden question pops in my head.

"What's their problem with you guys?" I ask Langua.

"Oh, you mean the invaders? They stole the real Amulet of Communication!!!" she yelled in a shrieking sound.

My eyes widen in shock. I thought my amulet is currently shattered into pieces and that it's never found. In fact, I don't even know some kind of invaders Langua is talking about stealing the amulet. My mind is spinning in various scenarios. They're all making me woozy and conflicted.

"I know what you're thinking. I too am confused. But we must find out why those scenarios are spread like this! I need answers from those invaders right now!" she says.

My eyes widen a bit in surprise when Comono starts to move in between us,"This is not the time to talk, girls! We have to check out the invaders and have a talk with them reasonably."

"Right," I reply in definite agreement as we continue running to the palace gates.

As we get closer to the palace gates, the rotating sound of the helicopter is growing stronger. This time, a bad feeling strikes through me. It feels like I'm in the middle of conflict especially when it comes to choosing sides. Once we're outside the gates, a familiar black helicopter flies by.

"Invaders!"

"Everyone, run!"

"Help!"

"Get to safety!"

Screams of fear and terror start to erupt from the Langcomn village. My head turns around to see the citizens running in panic. Now, they're told to fall in line and get to what they call an emergency basement.

The wind blows past my quills from behind. I turn to the helicopter again and see that it's heading for prison. Directly to that same cell Team Dark and my five chao friends are all in. Once I see the G.U.N. logo, that's when I realized who the invaders are in the Langcomns' eyes.

How? How would they do something bad to the Langcomns? Why are they stealing the amulet? I'm so confused! I think.

With that being thought, I run directly towards the cell.

"Runa, wait up!" I hear Comono calling my name.
The next thing I hear are running footsteps following behind me.

We arrive in the cell only to see the certain someone I never want to see in my life. That Shadow and I wish to never see in our lives. A certain red-orange hare with a darker shade of red on it. She has brown fur on top of her head and her muzzle is light yellow-orange. Same goes with the interiors of her ears. She also has yellow eyes and wears a black gothic-edgy-like outfit.

She wears a belly top with sleeves that reach up until a spot near her elbows. She also wears fingerless gloves, leggings and leather shoes with its soles capable of making no noises. Her fluffy tail can also be seen through the hole in her leggings.

"Who's that?!" asks Langua.

The hare turns to the three of us with a seductive smirk on her face. Her eyelids are halfway opened as her eyes are fixed on us. "Oh, that's right. You didn't know."

Her legs cross as she approaches us with her left hand on her hip with the other supporting her striking flirtatious pose. Ugh. Does she really have do that in every introduction? I think.