Chapter 2: The Amulet of Communication

It's been five months since I became the G.U.N. Agent along with my five chao friends. I studied their ways, help Team Dark in missions — especially the ones with just me and Shadow — and I even encouraged Rosy and Mystico to keep improving the ways of G.U.N. Well, it's mostly Rosy I'm encouraging out of all the five chao.

With my five chao friends, our given team name by the Commander is Shield Alliance. This represents the purpose of helping Team Dark in missions when needed especially in extreme cases.

We had met another G.U.N. Agent who wants to get Shadow to notice her and even worse, to get closer to him and make him fall in love with her with her flirtatious/seductive attitude. Of course, she doesn't even know I'm Shadow's girlfriend. That's the reason why we agreed to keep it a secret from G.U.N. I feel like I wish to tell the Commander and Omega since they might wanna know more about me, but I'm not sure if Shadow can agree with it. Either way, we'll wait until we're ready to tell them. Until Shadow is ready to tell them.

My G.U.N. outfit is my usual everyday outfit, but I add my utility belt in my personal mission outfit. My utility belt contains my three weapons. Two being my main weapons, one for backup and the other one is what I can use occasionally.

The sub-machine gun and dagger are my two weapons I possess, though I carry my dagger around me just in case an enemy attacks me. Trust me, because of my reputation as a police officer, I know how to handle weapons. I possessed the sub-machine gun when I was testing myself with guns I can use. My backup weapon happens to be a pistol. Just in case I lost a weapon like the sub-machine gun, I can totally use it. And finally, the one I occasionally use is a gum-laser. I need something to trap my enemies while Team Dark can deal with him. In occasional times, even I have to deal with an enemy trapped by my gun-laser. Obviously, I can't be a G.U.N. Agent without my communicator around my left wrist.

So far, Rosy is getting a hang of those moves, but mostly unsure if she's going to fight her first enemy. Mystico is skillful in handling moves and techniques G.U.N. gave him. That's because he studied their ways and also, he'll only use it for helpful good. Of course, Shania, Bearace and Juniper are capable of martial arts because one, they're the defensive types especially Bearace and Juniper and two, this is why Shania is considered as my loyal best friend.
As for me, I'm halfway to becoming the same rank as Shadow's. G.U.N.'s second top agent. But I don't need to become a top agent to get all the attention in G.U.N. What matters to me most is to fulfill my purpose of helping those who cannot defend the world on their own. And besides, we have only one top agent in G.U.N. Speaking of purpose, a dream had just occurred in my head before I woke up early for my next mission. Not just any dream. A dream that feels like a vision, but it's not.

I was in the grassy land with a bright sky and trees surrounding it. Right before me was a wall of rocks with water gushing out between them. The water flowed down calmly leading the bottom to create a lake. I felt a familiar thing about this place. It's like I've been here before, but recently, I haven't. A few moments later, I recognized this place. But I haven't been here since I woke up with amnesia. It's actually a private place in the park that's never been introduced except Clara, then me. Well, Clara was the one who introduced me to this place as the one thing that can get her motivated. It also works for me though. I wish I could show it to Shadow, but because I don't remember the direction to it, I can't.

I walked towards the lake and sit down on its edge. This time, my buttock, legs and hands made contact with the grassy ground. My eyes watched the view of the waterfall. It feels more calming than I've ever experienced before.

Then suddenly, a familiar whisper behind me grabbed my attention. "Runa."

I immediately turned around to see who's making that sound. My eyes widened in shock as I looked at the person's features. Human body, lab coat with white shirt underneath, black pants, matching shoes and a small pocket filled with needed things such as three ballpens of different colors — black, blue and red. Well, his little spiky hair is usually black with dark gray streak when he died in a lab set on fire, but now, his hair is rather dark gray and his face has a few wrinkly features.