She grew angry as Luna mentioned her son. The heir to the Phoenix coven. “My, my don’t you seem pretty confident, considering your arms are bound against my magic prison?”

  “My, my,” Luna mocked, “The witch thinks I be alone. My ally is a witch, too, as am I. One of the shape shifters…She has been serving you for years, and you didn’t even know it.” Luna smiled and then bowed her head to hide her laughter. “My other friend, one of a talented warlock. Can walk you’re your very halls and read minds of all by passers. He is a pure Gunther, with all of his psychic abilities, and some dark magic. Thirdly, there is more to my rebellious group then just witches and warlocks.” She smiled and spat up blood onto Tatiana’s dress. “All hail the queen.”

  “All hail the witch,” Tatiana corrected. She then turned her back to whom she still considered still the petty girl in chains. She still thought of Luna’s bystanders being alive and walking her very halls. She loathed the thought of that.

Present

  It was 2005 for the prepared Zoey Carter. She was only seventeen years old, and she already knew what she was going to do for the rest of her life. It was that easy because it was decided for her. It ran deep through her blood. Her cheeks were lit scarlet, her hair was raven black, and her eyes glowed green. She rested comfortably on the patio chair, reminiscing, about the conversation she had with her friend Tish. Tish had the same problem as Zoey. Her life was decided for her, too. That’s what made up most of their friendship. That’s what defined their friendship. Those two could only associate with each other, but were expected to betray themselves at any given moment.

  It wasn’t strange that they knew everything about each other. It wasn’t strange that both of their mother’s were dead. It wasn’t strange that they would kill each other, even though they cared. Their lives were dictated and it all came down to loyalty. Not loyalty to each other, but to her. Yes her.

Her, the witch, the queen, and even the bitch. Tatiana…

 Zoey couldn’t get over what happened five years ago. In the year 2000. She was only twelve years old, but she wasn’t treated like that.  She was treated like a solider. She was treated like a whipping dog for somebody’s games. That was probably the turn around point for them. And them included Zoey, Tish, and Eric.

“Meow.” Zoey turned her attention to a frail black cat. Flexing her eyebrows, she sipped on her cola. It scratched at her shoe, and stared up at her with wide, pleading, yellow eyes. Zoey took a moment to study the cat’s features. It looked very lean and very bony. But it’s black coat looked so soft and plush. Zoey couldn’t resist such a poor animal. So she couldn’t resist giving it a bite of her fries.

  “Poor kitty.” Zoey turned to rip off some of her burger, but by the time she had turned back, the cat was gone. There was now no trace of it ever being there.

That’s strange…

  She swayed her hair to one side of her neck, as she began to hum an ancient tune. It was bazar, but it soothed Zoey. After years of creating her identity, in the human world, she had come up with this ‘innocent character’. This innocent character was a teenager. Just a regular “after school special” teenager. Zoey would get so caught up with pretending that she forgot to get back to reality. The reality of her being a witch, and the reality of her being a slave.

 Zoey’s thoughts trailed off. Now she had nothing else better to do. So she just started to stare, mindlessly, at the bricks lining the garden. If she wasn’t careful, she could fly them away.

 Zoey had some telepathic powers as a witch. It took great amounts of meditation for her to control them. Otherwise, she could send things flying in the air whenever she got emotional. And speaking of emotional—Zoey sensed something wrong. She groggily turned her head around the yard, as she cleared her throat.