chapter 1

Chapter 1

 A slim man, dressed in a dark jacket, lifted the last body into the trunk of his car. He paused for a moment and listened to his surroundings, before lighting up another smoke. The same old story…kept him doing this for years. Except he didn’t smoke till after they invented cigarettes. 

  He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. He felt relaxed for the moment. Until, he heard a couple of thumps in the trunk of his car…

  “Not dead yet?” He questioned himself, more than the person in the trunk. The anxiety of the night got to him. He had the body of a man that never got old, yet he had the soul of a man that felt old.

Closing his eyes, he thought about the story again…the story that took place centuries ago.

PAST…

  “I see fit that no one shall be spared, and no lives shall be bought by this coven.” The fierce leader went on shamelessly. “These are pure evil demons. No morals. No regrets. Collect some of them, unscratched, and bring the women. I will be their jury, judge, and executioner!!” Tatiana chanted and all of her followers cheered in appraisement. She smiled, and turned her attention to the girl in chains. She was smothered with luminescent light by the orders of Tatiana.

 The girl’s name was Luna. Tatiana destroyed her life, family, and her home. But, Luna showed no fear. And despite Tatiana’s hopes, Luna did not show any sign that she was going to surrender. Tatiana came up with several conclusions. Either she was stupid, or she had the ‘it’ factor. The ‘it’ factor was something a queen must possess, in order to ruler her people. That something barely existed now a days. Tatiana was spiteful. She despised the courage Luna had, yet Tatiana respected her for it. Yes, Tatiana respected her own, blood sworn, enemy. It was strange in the community of witches and warlocks. The fight of witchcraft to witchcraft was always about the art of battle and magic.

  “I’m deciding whether or not you shall make a perfect offering, or as a suitable servant.” The woman picked up the skirt of her dress, and gently dropped down to the ground. She needed to face Luna eye to eye. “Pity girl, I really did some thought of sparing you, and having your blood join my family,” Tatiana’s voice smoothened. “Our craft could intertwine into one, and can make our decedents bigger legends then we are today. All you have to do is share the secrets of your family.”

  “I shall die before serving a bitch like you!” Luna growled. Tatiana stiffened to shock of the young girl’s voice. Luna was so resilient. Tatiana couldn’t understand where she got it. Luna was a royalty. Before she inherited the thrown from her mother dying, she was just a princess.

 She will be hard to break, she cued, but I need her blood, and her power in order to save my son…

 Tatiana found herself about to beg for her son’s life.

  No this can’t work. I should sacrifice her…and pray for my son’s life to our god.

  “Very well.” The pale Tatiana stood up, and turned to her followers over the balcony.   

  “The heir to the cult of the Porter shall burn on the cross, and may she burn in hell for what she has done to our people!!” Cheers followed Tatiana’s words. Oh how they loved an execution. They always enjoyed the death of a shadow witch. This time it was the shadow witch queen.

  “I smite the witch of Beta,” Luna chanted. “Your son will die slowly, as you grow with cruelty and indifference to others of the craft, and minorities.” She now had tears smoldering in her crystal blue eyes. Tatiana could see her restraint from crying. “Your cruelty and cowardness will be the end of you and your people. Even your son!”