The rest of the marriage happened in a blur. I don't even remember what happened. I only remember being uncomfortable in the lehenga as the blouse is one size smaller than mine. I didn't even glance at the devil because I am feeling guilty for sitting in my sister's place and angry at him for taking away my choice.

And just like that, I became Mrs. Devil. Staying married to the devil is not exactly an easy task. There goes the peace of my life.

Once the marriage is completed and we signed the marriage certificate, we went to take blessings from Amit dadu first. He hugged me and told me that I am very beautiful in dadi's wedding dress and that if she were alive, she would be happy to see this.

Once we took all the blessings and said goodbye to my family and Sid, we started to Delhi. The devil's parents live in Delhi around thirty minutes from our hospital. 

Kavya and one of the devil's cousins accompanied us in the car. I am squeezed between the brother and sister. There was an awkward silence throughout the journey. The devil and I didn't talk throughout the journey.

I am not trying to think that I am sitting beside the devil as his wife.

I got married to the devil.

Maybe someone will wake me up and this all will be a nightmare. But it didn't happen.

When we reached his home and after a gazillion rituals, I was sent to kavya's room to freshen up for Satyanarayana Vrat. It is almost 9.30 AM.

Oh god. The alarm on my phone went off reminding me of my work.

I forgot that I have a shift today at noon. It will be impossible to find another replacement now. What to do now?

Just then Lakshmi Aunty entered the room with a bag.

"Aunty, I forgot that I have a shift at noon today. Yesterday, I was not in my senses and now it will be impossible to find another replacement this late. I thought that I will be free today as I don't have to attend the Vrat, so I took only three days leave aunty", I explained to her hurriedly.

"Relax Ananya. Nobody knew that the situation will be like this. I can understand. We will postpone the Vrat as Kavya's dad too went to the hospital for emergency surgery. When will your shift end?" she told me.

"Tomorrow at 9 PM", I told her.

"Is it possible for you to take a leave on the day after tomorrow?" she asked me.

"I can ask my friend to take my shift and I can go for the night shift that day."

"Good. Then we will have the Vrat day after tomorrow. You go to the hospital. Anyway, the Vrat is for our family only, so we can postpone it without any problem. Here is the food, kavya will give you company. You go and get ready after eating. I will ask Golu to drop you in the hospital"

"No aunty. Sid is getting my luggage from home anyway. He too has the same shift. So I will go with him" I told Lakshmi aunty.

"Okay. As you wish. Everything will be fine with some time. Don't think too much" she left saying this. She might have understood that I am not comfortable with her son.

Kavya and I are alone in the room. She is the silent one among us. But, she is the killing with kindness type of person. She smiled at me and then left to the balcony to leave me to my own thoughts. She knows that I need some space alone.

I tried calling Sharanya. Her phone is switched off. I want her to listen to the situation from me rather than knowing from someone else.

I sighed and got ready for work trying not to think about what happened with my life.

Sid picked me up from the devil's house and he didn't speak throughout the journey. He knows that I want to be left alone for some time. When we reached the hospital, I removed my mangalsutra and kept it in my bag.

"You just got married", Sid commented seeing that and gave me a disapproving look.

"Nobody knows about this marriage. Moreover, the devil didn't want to tell anybody about his marriage. And I too don't want anyone in the department to know that I am married, that too with the devil", I explained to him.

Today it was busy at work as usual. I attended one diskectomy and one minor surgery and tried to do some work on the thesis. I also exchanged my next shift with Nidhi so that I can get a leave on the day after tomorrow for the vrat. 

We were asked to fill the shift roster for next month. I booked all my shifts with Natasha mam and Deepak sir. Since the devil is still on leave, he wouldn't get a choice to book his shifts. I took advantage of that. I want to avoid him as much as possible. That's what I would do. I will avoid him until Sharanya comes back and then maybe we will get an annulment. That's the best thing to do in this situation.

I couldn't concentrate on my thesis work today at all. I am worried about Sharanya. She and I just now cleared our misunderstandings. Now her fears came true. I now understood why she didn't tell the devil about me working with him. I took away her happiness the first chance I got. Maybe she is right to hate me.

And also I am worried about how to face him. We have to see each other in the hospital. It would be difficult to pretend that everything is normal at work. It is uncomfortable enough to see him at work, now I need to live with him alone in the same house. Maybe I will convince him that I will stay in my hostel on campus as usual. Yes. That is the only way.

I went to lunch with Tanya and Hussain today to avoid having lunch with Sid and Karthik. When my shift is done, Sid is waiting for me in our department's residents' room to drop me at devil's home.

"Srikanth Bhai and your parents called me at least ten times. They are scared to call you. Call them and talk with them", he told me as we left to the parking lot to get his car. My scooty is in my hostel parking. I have to get it and my luggage too.

"I will talk to them tomorrow. I just want to sulk today", I told him tiredly. My mind is exploding from thinking.

"Are you not coming?" I asked him as he stopped walking and I followed his line of sight to see that the devil is leaning on his car and looking at us. I looked at Sid for an explanation. He must have told him about my shift timing.

"I swear I didn't tell him anything", he lifted his hands surrendering.

We then slowly walked towards the devil.

"Why did he come here now? Can I just ignore him and go with you? I don't want to be alone with him", I mumbled at Sid.

"You can't. He is your husband. And even I will be taking you to his home only", he chastised me.

He then suddenly grabbed my wrist and told me, "Don't be rude to him. Him coming here means he is trying to be cordial with you and he is making efforts for this relation. Remember he is also a victim in this. Listen to what he has to say and react".

I scoffed and told him, "If anyone listens to you they will think that I am a gangster"

"You and I both know your short temper. Just don't stab him this time", he told me very seriously.

I opened my mouth to give a retort to Sid but stopped as he gave me pointed look. We then started walking towards the devil. 

****************

Hi, my devils,

How is the chapter?

Please vote and comment.

Have a good day.