Kidnapped by a Psychopath- Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

Before I could find the words to reply a scream rung out from the hallway.

"Togli le tue mani sporche di dosso, Shadow!" A man cried out. Matteo. His voice was rough; it held a tearful edge to it as if he was in pain.

A sickening laugh followed, the deep noise sending chills down my spine.

Caden pushed past me and opened the door. His huge hand wrapped around my wrist and pulled me along behind him.

When we entered the hall I gasped at the sight in front of me.

Matteo was on his knees, his head sunken over. His slick hair was disheveled and his breathing was labored. His chest was moving up and down at a rapid pace.

Shadow was standing above him, the man looking like a tower in comparison. Shadow's face was twisted in a sinister grin as he stared down. His long tattooed fingers were wrapped around Matteo's roots as he squeezed roughly on his skull.

Shadow leaned down close to Matteo's face and yanked his hair forcing his face to look up.

I felt my stomach churn as I saw Matteo's swollen, bruised eyes. His cheek was cut, a trickle of blood running down to his exposed neck.

"You pathetic, little bitch." Shadow spoke, his Italian accent rolling off his tongue. "You choose to betray one of the most powerful men of this century. You tried to mess with his plans."

Caden started moving towards the two.

"Now," Shadow looked over at Caden. "You can deal with him yourself." He let go of Matteo's hair and pushed him back against the wall. Matteo's head slammed into the enclosure and he slumped over.

I hadn't moved, I couldn't. I couldn't comprehend what was about to go down.

Shadow stood to his full height as Caden stopped right next to him. They both smiled evilly and nodded.

"Grazie, Shadow." Caden said. He reached down and gripped Matteo's elbow, pulling the small man up with ease. "Your minutes are numbered here."

Matteo, through the clear pain, looked past Caden and made direct eye contact with me. A smirk was plastered on his face. He didn't look scared, guilty, or upset. He looked eerie, like he wasn't admitting defeat yet.

He had something up his sleeve. . .

I felt my heart stop, blood was rushing behind my ears.

"We're going outside," Caden spoke. "Now."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The backyard was grim as ever in the peak of dusk. My first experience here had been quick, the sunlight had burned my eyes as Shadow dragged me inside. The second experience was even less pleasant due to Caden hunting me down like a deer.

Caden stood outside in the center of the grass. Fog was swirling underneath harsh lights, passing by each man's figure. The moon was full and it's illuminating light casted long shadows on the ground. Matteo was kneeled at the  boss' feet, his head was up and he started blankly forward.