Twelve

September 3, 1943.

That was the day your home was bombed in World War 2.

September 3, 1943. The day you and your peculiar friends had to relive repeatedly.

Thanks to your headmistress Miss Peregrine your home was well kept because of the loop she created.

Your home is a place for peculiar children, children who are special and different from other children.

Miss Peregrine herself is an Ymbryne. who can shapeshift into a bird and manipulate time.

Your peculiarity was bending all sorts of minerals at your will. Your days were always dull and nothing special ever happened until a certain boy visited the loop.

You knew his grandfather when he was younger, and he had to hide away from 'the monsters'.

Abraham the boy's grandfather had the ability to see them. He was the only one since no peculiar ever saw one.

He vowed to protect us all because 'the monsters' or what we call them Hollows hunted peculiar children to feed of their eyes. they did that, so they could return to their human state, but they were far from being a human.

Miss Peregrine knew everything, so she wasn't surprised as the boy arrived at her doorstep searching for answers about his grandfather's past.

You first met him when Miss Peregrine gave him a little tour. You were in the garden helping Fiona, a young girl with braids, who can control and maintain plants.

"Meet Y/n and Fiona" – Miss Peregrine spoke as she arrived at the garden with the boy by her side.

You got up and dusted of your dress, Fiona just got up and reached out her hand to the boy. Fiona didn't mind being dirty.

The boy shook her hand "Jacob Portman". "Nice to meet you Jacob Portman" – Fiona said cheery.

He then looked at you and reached out his hand to you, you took it and shook it soft "Y/n, nice to meet you Jacob".

He started to smile at you "Likewise Y/n and you can call me Jake if you like".

You blushed for a moment as Fiona started to giggle next to you.

"come along Jacob" – Miss Peregrine said as she pulled him away from the two of you.

As soon as they were out of sight, Fiona imitated Jacob "You can call me Jake Y/n". – trying to flirt with you using her eyelashes.

"Shut up" – you said, playfully shoving her.

Later that day Jacob and Emma, an aerokinetic blonde teenager who can manipulate air, were walking towards her daily routine. She asked him to hold her, so she could put the squirrel back in its nest.

As Jacob held her tight by a rope, he noticed you walk in the distance.

His gaze was fixed on you and only noticed he was staring at you as Emma awoke him from his gaze.

"Jacob, you can pull me down" – Emma shouted to Jacob who was standing on the ground.

"Oh ... right yes" – he stuttered as he started to pull her down.

Once she was on the ground Jacob said a quick goodbye and started to walk to where you were.

You were kneeling as you were concentrating on the rocks around you.

Jacob approached you from behind. "Y/n?".

You were surprised and the rocks that were floating around you immediately dropped to the ground.