Six

Near midday, you were puffing, sitting down under a tree for some shade. Emma and Olive sat beside you, waving themselves some cool. The warm summer's day made the three of you lazy. Or it was perhaps the fact that you had relived this day for decades now. In the distance near the pond and bush figurines where the little one's playing. "Where do they keep getting that energy?" Emma huffed out, stretching her arms a bit. 

"I'm already feeling hot on my own, this warm sun doesn't need to help with it." Olive joked out, pulling at her black glove.

"Can't you give us some cool?" Emma turned towards you, letting her hand slip underneath her head while leaning against the bark. You were enjoying the shade on your face, letting it soil on your skin with your eyes closed. With a hum, you opened one eye to peek at Emma.

"I can..." you replied, closing your eyes again. In the distance you could hear the loud laughter of Fiona and Bronwyn. "But that means we have to leave the shade and face the heating sun." your comment made Olive giggle.

"Oh, look it's Enoch!" Olive pointed out, making you seat yourself better, eyes wide open. Not far from you was Enoch moving from left to right. "Enoch!" Olive yelled out, waving excitedly at him. Enoch paused, looking in your direction.

"Olive what are you doing?" you hissed at her, seeing him make his way over.

"What?" she replied. "I thought he could use some company." Emma showed you an expression to just roll with it. 

"Hello girls." Enoch spoke. He sighed relieved feeling the shade reflect on his body.

 "Hot isn't it?" Olive spoke, seeing Enoch pull his sweater for some cool. "If only Y/n, would be so helpful." You stuck your tongue out to Olive. You noticed Enoch was gazing at you, making you look away. 

Emma swallowed soft, finding the sudden silence awkward. "Y/n! Y/n!" you lifted your head to the sounds, seeing your sister Claire run over to you with Bronwyn by her side. Claire's doll got shaken around while she was running over. You straightened your posture, opening your arms to her. Claire jumped into your arms, rubbing her forehead against your chest. 

"What is it Claire-bear?" you started to stroke her forehead as Claire had turned herself around in your embrace. 

"Can you come and play with us." – Bronwyn held her hands perfectly behind her back, rocking back and forth on her feet. 

Exhaling deep, you batted your eyes up to the sky. "Alright." Claire squealed loud as you helped her off your lap. You pulled yourself up, Claire hanging on your arm. You extended your hand out to Bronwyn as she happily took it.

Claire couldn't control her happiness, noticing everyone else suddenly. She let go of your hand, hopping over to Enoch. "Do you want to come as well?" Claire came hanging over his shoulders, smiling sweet at him. It made Enoch chuckle as you looked embarrassed away. 

"Claire..." you said between a clenched jaw.

 "Please Enoch?" she knew exactly how to persuade him. She kept swinging from side to side while her arms were around his neck. "Pretty please." she pouted her lip, giving him big googly eyes.

"Alright." Enoch sighed out. Claire stuck her thumb up to you, making you bit your lip shy.

 "Well I'm coming as well then." Olive spoke, making you pause in your walking. 

Emma pulled herself up with a loud puff. "So am I." Claire who was holding Enoch's hand, furrowed her brows, glaring at Olive and Emma. Bronwyn and you walked hand in hand towards the others. The other's came running over, seeing you all arrive.