Eleven

You were very suspicious about Jacob Portman at first, how he found your loop without being a peculiar. You thought he was bonkers for ever leaving his family to come and life with Miss Peregrine, who would ever want to give up his family to come and live with strangers. He was a mystery to you and perhaps that was what made you so intrigued by him. you still remember the first time you met him in the cave.

You just had another conflict with Olive as she had burned one of your dresses again, so you got back to her by pulling her hair and letting it rain for hours on her. Your peculiarity was controlling the weather as you could create storms, heavy rains or even the warmest sunshine's. Miss Peregrine had ordered you to make it stop raining over Olive as you needed to blow off some steam, your favourite place to do that was in the cave.

No one ever came there, and it gave you a certain feeling of being closer to the outside world that kept moving on as your days were repeated all the time. You stomped in the cave as you shouted out of frustration that Olive kept burning your stuff. You had hardly any dresses and she kept burning them on purpose or not you didn't know but you hardly cared. You screamed out again as a lighting shot behind you in the rocks, some rocks crumbled as the smaller parts exploded apart in the cave.

"What the..." – you suddenly heard behind you as you jumped out of your skin and turned around to face whoever was in the cave with you. You were surprised to find a young boy standing shocked in front of you, he had dark hair and strange cloths as you thought he was an intruder. You started to back away as you let your hands go over the rocky wall, - "Wait!" – the boy called out as you panicked and thought he was a bad man. - "I ...I ...I'm looking for Miss Peregrine!" – he called out to you as he looked at you with a strange look in his eyes.

His look made you uneasy as no boy had ever looked at you like that. You freaked out when he mentioned Miss Peregrine's name, - "Who are you!" – you shouted at him in defence as you hided half away behind a rocky wall. – "My... my name is Jacob Portman..." – he said soft as he held his hands in front of him as he tried to approach you slowly. – "Stay there!" – you shouted back as you panicked again and accidently let a lightning strike come out of your hands as it filled the cave for a moment and burned a crack in the gravely ground.

The boy pulled his body freighted back as he had never seen anything like that. – "You are one of the children, aren't you?" – to your surprise he quickly recovered from your ability as it didn't seem as such a big shock to him. – "You don't have to be afraid ... I've heard so much about you... Y/n? right?" – you gasped and frowned short as you found it strange that he knew so much about you. – "My ... my grandfather Abraham told me a lot about you and the other children..." – he continued as he started to search for something in his pocket.

You came a bit from out of your hiding place as he pulled out a small box out of his pocket. Your curiosity had taken over your fear as you moved from behind the wall but still close to it. He opened the box as some photos popped up a bit, he started to search for one and took one in his hand. – "This is you!" – he said to you as he held the photo next to you, you gasped and moved quickly to him as you grabbed the photo from him and gazed at it.

Jacob snickered soft as he saw you hold the photo in different positions as you held it upside down and by it's side. – "Do I really look like this?" – you said out loud as you didn't need an answer. You squealed high as Jacob came to your side and looked over your shoulder to the photo. He started to laugh again as you had jumped out of freight away from him. The photo had fallen on the ground as he picked it up and dusted it up, he carefully placed it back in the small box where it was safe and secure.

"Y/n... Can you take me to Miss Peregrine, I ...I need to talk to her about my grandfather?" – Jacob said with a small smile as he extended his hand towards you, you stared at his hand for a moment. He gave you a bigger smile now as you slowly moved closer to him and placed your hand after some hesitation in his. The moment your hand touched his it changed something in you, your heart started to beat faster as you looked up to his eyes that were intriguing you.