Chpt.4: Together

Začít od začátku

.      .      .

Third Person:

"Thanks for the food!"

Sasuke lifted his chopsticks and stared at the homemade food set infront of him. He looked over to Naruto, who just motioned him to try it. The boy took a swing in the head 'no' and Kakashi sighed.

"C'mon Sasuke, Naruto only saved you. You're not embarrassed, are you?"

And the Uchiha's eyes grew wide, his cheeks burned up slightly.

"Oh Sasuke, Sakura-chan helped me to make this and this is how you'd repay her?" Naruto tried convincing the stubborn genin.

Sakura looked at him in sad, convincing eyes but he just ignored it and stared at the bruise on Naruto's cheek.

He's so stupid- he only saved him from taking a bad fall and he punched him in embarrassment?
You can't blame the boy though. It's an Uchiha's sense of pride.

"It's okay Naruto-kun. Anyway, all I did was wash the veggies and watch the rice steamer. I really didn't do much!" The young girl laughed it off and so did the older blonde.

"Kakashi-sensei if you don't wanna eat infront of us, go outside and eat. I know you don't wanna show your face" Naruto turned his attention on his sensei, who picked at the still warm food "-..or you don't like it?..."

To Sakura and Sasuke, Naruto now resembled a scary mother who won't hesitate at a child's picky behaviour. They felt the dark aura and began eating.

"Wow! This is actually really good food!" Sakura awed at the taste and brang back the normal Naruto.

He smiled warmly at her and looked over to his sensei, who already walked into the living room.

"Shouldn't we go see how he looks? This is the perfect time to." The girl also noticed his disappearance.

"No," Naruto held the other two back "Kakashi's clever and would do lots of things not for us to see his face. And anyway, the food's getting cold."

He noticed Sasuke still hesitating to touch the food and his dark side came back to life.
"Sasuke? Is something wrong?.. There's a reason why there are tomatoes in there."

Sasuke remembered his mother, always like this when he was hesitant to try her cooking, and gulped before he took a bite.

He didn't want to admit it, but it was actually good.

"Are you a housewife now, Naruto?" Kakashi suddenly came through the door and popped his dish in the sink " 'cause I could get used to this food every day now."

Naruto chuckled as Sakura also chowed  down her food, thanking Naruto again.

As the two left the kitchen, Naruto and Sasuke were left alone. He watched as Sasuke ate a few bites until he noticed something.

"So? Is it good, Sasuke?"

The boy nearly choked without realising and asked "Hn? How'd you know??"

"It's written all over your face- I knew it was a good idea to add those tomato slices with the egg!" Naruto chuckled.

Sasuke just carried on eating.The awkward atmosphere between them now was worse than with Kakashi.

"Sasuke do you mind washing up the dishes for me?" Naruto suddenly stood up and walked towards the door "I need to have a word with sensei."

He nodded a 'yes' and Sakura walked inside the kitchen a moment later.

"Err.. Sakura?" Her head shot up as he finally wanted to speak with her normally.

"Yes?"

"Is there any seconds..? 'Cause I.. y'know..." He blushed at the question.

"Of course!" Sakura went over to the rice steamer and another bowl, filling it with rice "want another scoop?"

"No, it's fine." She finished putting some of the veggies on the side, the last egg sitting ontop, and offered it to him.

"Thanks.." Sakura watched as Sasuke cleared that bowl too and plotted it in the sink "I'll wash the dishes later."

He head to the entrance of the living room, but "Wait! Sasuke-kun, you like Naruto-kun's food don't you?"

The raven nodded "hn..?"

She ran to him, smiling greatly like how their Naruto would "then you should properly thank him! After all, you even had seconds, hm?"

Sasuke cringed at the thought of him actually thanking a dobe like him. But the food was a bit good..

"Hn, fine." And she quietly cheered under her breath.

Later, the four were sitting in the main room, finding some things to talk about.

"So? You have a girlfriend yet?" Kakashi asked and Sakura suddenly snorted. Kakashi just slouched back on the sofa, his book whipped out and not taking his eye off of it.

"Huh? A what?" Naruto was confused. Sasuke payed no attention to whoever's girlfriend or whatever. But that changed when he properly heard Naruto's voice "Well, I'm not sure.."

"Hah, why not?" Sakura teased him "don't tell me you're still single in the future? Nah?"

"Nah." He was now annoyed.

The raven was also not happy with the topic the two brought up. He's still single? What about him?

'OH DON'T THINK THAT, SASUKE!!' Sasuke screamed internally at himself 'It's not like he'd DATE you.'

The boy mentally sighed and carried on listening to the conversion.

"So you're single. Damnn.." and Kakashi and the girl started laughing at him.

Naruto felt betrayed by Sakura "Well sensei, you're single in the future anyway! Hmm, not unless their's something going on between you and Ir-.."

The three looked at Naruto in confusion and made weird expressions in unision "what's with the faces?"

"Oh I dunno. Tell us who Kakashi-sensei could possibly have a-" she smirked at their teacher "-love life with."

Kakashi looked flustered to as if he actually knew who it was. "Kakashi? You know?" Sasuke also tried getting the talk out of the grownups.

The original Naruto-and-Sakura duo carried on giggling together and Sasuke just stared into who knows where, and Kakashi also was silent in thought.

"Psst. Chibi-chan! I'll tell you who.." Naruto whispered loudly into Sakura's ear, clearly wanting the other two to hear it.

"Yes! Yes! Tell me!.." she quietly said back. Naruto laughed to himself for a minute and spoke.

Sakura gasped dramatically and Kakashi tried making out who it was they were talking about "Iruka-sensei?!!"

Kakashi suddenly burned up under his mask as they fell to the floor, wheezing the lives out of themselves. Sasuke fought the urge not to join, but let out a single snort.