Chapter 1: G.U.N. Fortress

The sun rays I feel in my eyes are forcing them to flutter open. My arm moves to shield my eyes from the sun as if, obviously, to not get them burned up. I notice that even though my window is closed, the sunlight is still passing through because of several holes that were made for no reason. I stretch out my body before I rise into my sitting position. My hand moves up and down across my eyes to turn my teary and misty vision into a clear one.

I move to the side of my bed and push myself back on my feet. My feet slides into my pajama slippers while I'm doing so. Once I'm finally in my standing position, I walk towards the window and slide the rectangular wooden lock open. I pull the doors open only to see a bright morning view. Birds are singing. Butterflies are fluttering around the garden. They even land on flowers my adoptive family and I planted.

But as soon as I see the morning view, a sudden reminder pops in my head. I have to do my morning routine and cook breakfast, I think, And I have to get ready to meet up with Shadow. And so I exit my bedroom quickly.

You might be wondering why I'm going to meet up with my boyfriend, Shadow. No, we're not really going on a date. Well, at least it seems like it. Hehe. Rather, he'll take me in his motorcycle to the top secret place where I'll be working in to fulfill my purpose in life. That's right! Today is my first day of being a G.U.N. Agent. I'm really excited because apart from working as a police officer, this will be the key to fulfilling my purpose in life. Not only that, but I get to work with Team Dark along with my five chao friends; Rosy, Mystico, Juniper, Bearace and Shania.

After take a bath, I dress myself in my usual everyday outfit. Dark magenta silky, smooth dress with purple knee-high boots. Then, I tie my quills into a ponytail.

Once I'm all dressed up, I check on my five chao friends just to see if they're already awake. So far, I can see how cheerful, optimistic and excited they are because it's also their first day in G.U.N. I let out a chuckle at the whole scene. "Looks like some of my friends are excited."

"Of course, we are, Runa! I'm looking forward to kick butt!" says Bearace as he delivered gestures of punches and kicks.

(A/N: If you're wondering why the chao talk in English language, that's because it's in Runa's perspective and because of her natural powers she had after the amulet was broken.)

"Yeah, me too!" says Juniper doing the same thing.

"Will I be good out there?" asks Rosy.

My hands reach for Rosy's,"Don't worry, Rosy. You'll be amazing out there. Plus, you can watch me and Team Dark train in the training session to model things."

A sound of throat clearing from Shania catches my attention. I chuckle again at her sign of reminder. "And Bearace, Juniper and Shania, too."

Everyone cheered at what I just said as I walk downstairs to the kitchen quickly to cook ourselves breakfast with my chao friends flying after me. When we arrive, I'm pretty surprised at what I just saw.

Plates, spoons, forks, knives, wine glasses of water and napkins were already settled on the table. Right in the middle of the table is a bowl of grapes, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and Aleyah's all-time favorite fruit, strawberries. I can also see that the table is covered in orange linen. Does it really need to be that fancy? I think.

Before I give myself an answer, an optimistic, but gentle and delicate voice ring in my ears. "Good morning, dears! Ready to eat breakfast I cooked for you?"

I turn to my stepmom and nod in response. I can hear the chao cheering in answer. I'm taking it as a yes. I walk towards the sink to wash my hands. Then, I walk and sit on my usual spot. Right ahead of stepmom. The seat on her left side is usually Aleyah's seat, but since she currently lives with Silver in the future, the seat is left for any guest coming to eat. And on my right side is my stepdad. Right before me is Eggs Benedict cooked by my stepmom. I can see that she and my stepdad have the same breakfast as mine.