The Nightmare

"No, please stop!" I yell at the masked man, who's holding a gun pointed at my parents.

"Love. I love you and Milo with my entire heart." My mother says turned away from me, whilst I look at her. I try with my all my strength to form coherent words to reply to my mother, who's eyes are tear filled.

"Mama, I-- Papa......Papa don't go, pleas- please don't leave Milo and I." I say through my sobs, that are only getting louder. I want to turn my father and mother around so bad, so that I can nuzzle in their arms, but I can't move my legs. 

Weak.

I am too weak.

Save.

I am too weak, to save them.

"Bella, don't be scared it's going to be alright. I love you, unconditionally." My father says turning around to look at me, gripping on his heavily bleeding gunshot wound to the arm.

Turning her sad gaze away from me, my mother grapples onto my father's uninjured arm and fixates her gaze at the armed masked man.

"You don't have to do this. We can find another way. A way in which we are all unharmed and happy." My mother says in a serene tone, lacking fear, dispensing confidence, and sincerity.

"I......I'm sorry, I don't have a choice. I have to do this." The masked man conveys in a sorrowful voice, still holding a gun up at my parents who stand tall and gallant in front of me.

In a blink of an eye my father reached for his gun, that is now situated on the floor beneath a car. The gun that was once raised at my parents, is followed by my father's movements.

BOOM.

BOOM.

Two mortifying loud gunshots enter my father, who is now on the ground. Unable to move, speak, or make even a sound, uncontainable tears fall from eyes as I look at my inanimate father.

After freezing from the sight of my father, my mother stoops down to my height, captures my face in between her warm hands, and whispers 2 words into my ears in a somber yet firm tone. "Run. Now."

Unable to move, my mother weakly points at a barely visible corner in the dark alley we are in and gives me a shove in that direction. Incapable of bethinking something up, I listen to my mother's instructions, and run to the corner as fast as my diminutive legs will let me.

Once in the corner and out of range of view, I lean back against the cold brick wall and sit down putting my head on my knees. Listening to my mother's cry's , which only ignite mine even more. Thinking the unimaginable, I say a prayer to God.  "Please. Please God don't take my Mommy and Daddy. I promise to be a good girl, I promise to always be kind, I promise to always clean up my toys. Just please don't take them from me and Milo."

Unable to understand what my mother is saying, through her sobs which only make this feeling inside my heart hurt even more. I put hands to my ears, close my eyes, and try to get the sound of her agonizing sobs out of my head. Hum. I hum my mother's favorite song 'Strani Amori', hoping the excruciating feeling in me will go away.

BOOM.

BOOM.

Another two mortifying roaring gun shots are fired, and the loud sobs that were once debuting from my mother are absent, the sound of a thud hitting the ground present, then realization hits me but I am still too weak to react. So I cease to do anything and hold my breathe, while more tears roll down my face. The silence that was once filling my ears, is replaced with long strides coming my way.

The masked man halts in front of me shaking while, pointing a gun towards me. Looking up at him directly in the eyes, through my blurry vision. I see that his eyes are cold and dark brown, and seem to be hesitant as they look me directly in the eyes.

Trembling at the fact that the man who hurt my parents is staring into the depths of my soul , another sob of mine leaves my lips as I clench my eyes waiting for my predetermined doomed fate. Until, the masked man says something that leaves me astounded.

"Fuck...I-... I can't do this. I can't kill a kid." He lowers the gun, that was once pointed in my direction. Then, the sound of hopefulness entered my ears, the sound of police and ambulance sirens. Instantly the masked man speedily runs in the direction opposite to the sound of sirens, and I run in the direction where my parents lay on the floor, limp.

Blood.

So much blood everywhere.

Holes.

Holes, so much holes in the parents that once loved me endlessly.

Dropping to my parents level on the ground, I try to shake my dad, then my mother who lays on top dad, with her tear-filled eyes opened. Her beautiful emerald eyes that were once so full of light, lifeless.

"Mommy." No response. "Daddy." No response. My weeps and the sound of sirens, the only thing auscultating.

Darkness. Then, dizziness and darkness taking over me and my cries, as I fall on top of my mother, and flutter my eyes shut.

"Kat."

"Kat!"

"Katarina!"

I jolt awake, sweaty and hot, with my heart beating crazy, to a concerned and sleepy look on Nicole's face.

"You were screaming in your sleep, I think you had a nightmare." Nicole says in a drowsy voice.

"That was nothing, I'll be alright." I reply in a reassured voice. "I'm going to go back to sleep now, night."

"You can tell me about your nightmare, if you'd like."

"I rather not, I'm tired. " I peer over to look at the clock on my dresser. "It's 4 am, we should go back to sleep."

Sensing my incline towards wanting to speak about my nightmare, Nicole shakes her head in understanding. "Come here." She says opening her arms for me to get into.

Complying, I get into Nicole's arms and indulge myself in her warmness, and thank god for giving me such an amazing best friend.

"Buenas noches, we have a long day tomorrow.Nicole says repressing a yawn.

"Buona Notte, I look forward to it." I say, before shutting my eyes and giving into the fancy of sleep, in the arms of the best person ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all! I just wanted to get this story started. Trust me when I tell you the rest of the story won't be as boring as this first chapter, lol ........ but in this chapter you get a sad background on our Main character, that will hopefully allow you to understand her in the future. But get ready for the storm that's ready to come. P.S. don't you just love Nicole.....I named her after my best friend in real life, who's just the best and is kinda dumb.....but I am too so I accept. :)

BYEE!

From, Bad Bitch Thing One.😘

To, Bad Bitch Thing Two.😩