It was Inevitable

"Gorilla-senpai, make sure you relax. If you're too tense you won't be able to swing well."

"I know," Maezono donned his ogre face as he left the dugout for the batter circle.

Hana called after him, "Also that battery is going to use breaking balls to get you out since you're shit at making contact with anything that's not a fastball."

Currently, the second string was in yet another practice game, leading against ARC Academy by one run. Hana finished giving advice to Ono who was batting after Maezono and turned to watch the team's three-hole batter.

"I JUST told you to relax, didn't I?!" She bared her pointed teeth as she watched the first baseman completely tense up, providing a poor hit. "Move your ass! If you're gonna hit a grounder to the pitcher, you better be running like your life depends on it! 'Cuz it does!!"

Zono cried crocodile tears as he pumped his arms, pushing himself to try to get to first base (it would all be for naught, however, since he'd need to shed a quarter of his body weight to be considered agile).

The student coach shook her head and addressed Nakata, "Aim for an easy ball. It's bound to happen after all those breaking pitches they've been using."

As Ono made it to first base with a solid hit to the left-field, Maezono returned to the dugout.

"Welcome back Gorilla."

"YOU..!" He trailed off, not being able to think of a proper insult for the girl. The brawny second-year clicked his tongue before moving his gaze to watch as Nakata swung his bat.

Unfortunately, his hit did not fly very far and lands right in front of the center-fielder. Thus he swiftly became their second out.

"Oi! You held back just then! There's no point in aiming for an easy ball if you don't make full use of it!!" Hana seethed, ferociously flailing her arms.

"There there, Tokuchi-chan," Watanabe sweatdropped, dragging her away before she climbed over the wall of the dugout, "You need to calm down. You're starting to shout our strategy out loud again."

She blinked, "Ah you're right. Sorry."

Asou was soon struck out, resulting in an inning with no runs scored.

Takashima turned to the pitcher as he was about to make his way onto the field, "You'll be pitching for two more innings, Kawashima-kun."

"But I can pitch longer—"

"If you'd like to be injured, be my guest." Hana cut him off, narrowing her eyes as she flipped through her notebook, "But, you're already pitching five innings this game, and your pitch count during yesterday's scrimmage was 88. Right now, you're at 36."

She showed him the spreadsheet she had made before quirking her brow at the lack of response, "Well? What's your choice?"

"I'll...." The second-year dug his nails into his palm as he conceded, "I'll only pitch for two more innings."

"Good boy."

The rest of the players that still remained in the dugout grumbled beneath their breaths. Irritation coursing through the deepest part of their beings.

"Tch controlling bitch."

"Where's our respect as upperclassmen?"

"Annoying."

But, whether on purpose or not, those words did not register in Hana's mind.

As the Seidou players worked hard to show off their skills in fielding, Hana tapped her finger against her thigh. Idly flipping through the various notebooks she brought.