XVIII

🎶main toh yeh sochata thake aaj kal uparwale ko fursat nahiphir bhi tumhe banaake wohmeri nazar mein chad gayarutbe main woh aur badh gaya

ke aaj kal uparwale ko fursat nahi
phir bhi tumhe banaake woh
meri nazar mein chad gaya
rutbe main woh aur badh gaya... 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

"Meera Kabir Singh Oberoi," The voice of the host echoed in the auditorium hall.

Meera took confident strides towards the stage, and received her degree from the dean of the college while the room gave a big round of applause.

She looked into the crowd and found her family; Kabir, Nandita and Tejas clapping at her with big smiles plastered on their faces. She smiled back at them, and then walked off the stage.

"Can you believe that happened?" Tara exclaimed. The convocation ceremony was over, and now all the students, and their families were mingling around.

"I know right. Graduation done. Now we've got masters to prepare for." Payal commented.

Tara made a face. "Payal, can you ever think about relaxing and chilling out?"

"And can you ever talk about anything that is not relaxing and chilling out?" Payal came back at her.

"For God's sake, we just graduated today. We don't need to talk about studies." Tara said in a high pitched voice, which grabbed the attention of people standing around them.

Meera passed them an apologetic look and shushed both the girls down. After making sure that they won't start fighting again, she left them to go to her family.

After looking around for a few minutes, she found them talking to the chief guest of the ceremony, Mr Prakash Rai. He was a famous industrialist, and an alumni of that college.

"There she is!" Kabir exclaimed when he saw Meera walking towards them.

Meera gave Mr Rai a formal smile. "Hello, sir. It was a pleasure to have you here today."

"The pleasure was all mine, Mrs Oberoi." After the formal greetings were done, Mr Rai excused himself to give the family some privacy.

"I am so proud of you, beta!" Nandita kissed Meera's forehead, followed by Tejas.

"Thank you, maa-papa!"

Finally her three year BBA course was over and she was done with her studies. She didn't plan on doing an MBA after this because she didn't really have interest in that. Kabir wanted her to do something, but she wasn't really sure what she wanted with her life yet.