XI

🎶jitne paas paas dhadkan ke hain raazjitne paas boondon ke baadaljaise sath sath chanda ke hai raatjitne paas nainon ke kaajaljitne paas paas sagar ke leharutne paas tu rehna humsafar

jitne paas boondon ke baadal
jaise sath sath chanda ke hai raat
jitne paas nainon ke kaajal
jitne paas paas sagar ke lehar
utne paas tu rehna humsafar.... 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

It was the sangeet the next day. While getting ready, she noticed the hickey that Kabir had given her last night, and complained to him about how she was going to go out as her dress was deep neck and the hickey would be on display.

Kabir had just shrugged it off saying, "Let everyone see it. They'll know that you're mine."

Meera just glared at him in response and ended up putting tons of concealer to hide it, much to Kabir's annoyance.

Since she had concealed the love bite, Kabir decided to stick like glue to Meera the entire function, with his hand tied around her waist, to keep the prying eyes of men from his wife. Seeing them together, laughing and dancing, Aarohi was content. She had always wanted the best for Kabir, and Meera was, indeed, the best for him. Many other guests also passed them teasing glances, which made Meera go red. Many times she tried to get out of his grip, but he didn't let her go. He never intended to let her go.

The fourth day was the haldi ceremony. After applying haldi to Aarohi and Rohit, Meera had gone to stand in a corner, when Kabir sneaked in behind her and put a handful of turmeric on her face.

"Kabir!" She gasped while he kept rubbing her cheeks and laughing at her baffled expressions.

"What are you doing?" She tried to shrug his hands off. He had put some of the turmeric on her forehead and nose too.

"We didn't have any wedding functions. So I never got to see my bride covered in turmeric. So I am just trying to make up for it." He winked at her.

Kabir wanted them to experience and enjoy every pre-wedding ritual through Aarohi's wedding that they never got to have of their own. He wanted to give Meera every happiness that he'd not given her before. He was finally ready to treat her the way she deserved to be treated.

So that's why, the next day after haldi, on mehendi, Kabir dragged Meera to a henna artist and asked her to fill his wife's hands with beautiful designs. He left her alone for a while and went to greet some friends. While getting her hands designed, Meera had asked the artist to write Kabir's name on her palm.

Kabir, after spending some time with his friends, decided to check upon Meera. He walked towards the direction where he had left her. Her gaze met his, and he could practically see her eyes sparkle with happiness as soon as she saw him.