Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Elise convinced me to try and talk to you." He says, "Can we talk?"

"I don't know." I sigh out, "I don't think it'll be a great idea."

"Please." He pleads.

"I think you should leave." I sigh out, "I don't need you to yell at me again."

"Look, Zelda I'm sorry." Alexander says, "A father shouldn't treat their daughter like that."

"Yeah, my father would know that." I snap.

"What does that mean?" He asks.

"Are you going to tell him?" Jeremiah whispers.

"Yeah." I sigh out, "Miles, Maya, Jer... Can my father and I have the room?"

"Yeah." They all say, as Miles gives Jeremiah Ember, as they all leave. Once I hear a door close, I turn to Alexander.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"The reason I'm asking you to leave, is because of something I learned four months ago... about mom." I say.

"What about your mother?" He asks.

"I found out she lied," She tears up, "She lied to all of us... To everyone."

"What does that mean?" He asks, confused.

"When it was Luciana's first birthday, Elise brought mom's wedding dress. T-There was this note... Where she told me the truth."

"Truth?" He asks.

"Do you know what species she is?" I asked.

"She was human." Alexander says.

"She lied to you as well." I sigh, licking my lips, "Mom wasn't human... I mean she was..."

"What are you saying?"

"Mom was a vampire dad, her mate... my father is also a vampire." I say.

"What?"

"My father's name is Alistair." I say, "You're not my real father. I'm so sorry." I cry out.

"Hey, Hey... It's okay." Alexander says, wiping tears away and hugging me, "Even if I'm not your father, I still love you." He sighs out, "Look... I know what I said six months ago was something I could never ask for your forgiveness."

"You're not mad at me?" I asked.

"No." He sighs out, "I'm mad at your mother."

"There is something else." I sigh out, "Something mom told me."

"She told me in the letter... to not look for her." I said.

"Don't look for her?" He asks, confused.

"Mom is alive. Somewhere." I sigh out, "I wish knew were."

"It's fine." He says, hugging me, "How are you feeling?"

"Tired and really excited." I say, smiling.

"Well, maybe you should get some rest." He says.

"I can't." I sigh out.

"Whatever you say." He says, "I actually have to head home." He kisses my head, "I'll see you at your wedding."

"Thanks." I smile, as he leaves the room. I rub my eyes and go head somewhere to find Jeremiah and Ember.

I find them in Ember's nursery. Jeremiah was looking in her crib. I walk over to them and wrap my arms around Jeremiah from behind. I feel him freeze, before he realizes it's me. I look down and see Ember is fast asleep. I smile, when I see Jeremiah turn around and hug me tightly. He kisses my forehead, before he clears his throat,