Chapter 1

Chapter 1 (final edit)

Werewolves have always been the stuff of legends. That they are what you hear howling in the night. That they are those bright lights you see or think that are following you in the woods or in the night. They say you should be scared of werewolves. They say they will rip you apart, without a single thought. That these werewolves have no heart.

What people don't know is that these "werewolves" Have loved ones. They have children that they care about a lot. These werewolves will protect their husbands or wives as well as their children--at any cost... no matter what...

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

 "Stupid freakin clock." I mutter, slamming my fist against the clock, breaking it, "Silence." And just my luck, my phone alarm goes off. I let out a curse, as I turn the alarm off.

I rub my eyes as I sit up on my bed. I get off of it, and walk into my bathroom. I take off my clothes and get into the shower. I squeeze the shampoo onto my hand and wash my hair, before conditioning it well. I rinse the soap suds off my hair, before washing my body. I rinse my body, before shutting the water off. I quickly wrap a towel around me as I walk out of my bathroom.

"GOD DANGIT LOGAN!" I shout when I see my older brother in my room, "OUT!"

"Dad asked me to get you."

"The alpha meeting?"

"Yep."

"Tell him I will be down in a few."

"Got it," He says, turning to leave but stops, "Elise also got Luciana."

"Are you serious? I told all of you I need to do this on my own!" I say, getting angry.

"Well... we are all helping, and ignoring you." He chuckles.

"But I need to do it on my own." I say, going into my closet, "I'll have to let her know I said thanks."

"Are you okay?" He asks, as I start looking for an outfit.

"Peachy." I say, as I pause, fighting the tears in my eyes.

"Is it okay to ask how you're feeling?"

"What do you think?" I snapped, "I lost my mate." I found and put on a light grey long sleeved sweater tucked into a black high waisted skirt, which stopped at my mid thigh. I find socks and black knee high boots.

"I wish I could tell you that I understood, but I don't." He sighs, as I put on a diamond ring from my mate--Lucian.

"I was seven months when he died," I say, as I leave my closet, "I had to give birth to Luciana without my mate by my side." I say, putting on a locket that held a photo of Lucian and I when we first started dating and a photo of Luciana and I when I had her.

"And that's why I can't say I understand you." He says.

"Look. I'm just glad you all have been there for me." I smile, hugging my brother.

"We'll always be there for you, even when you don't want us to."

"I love you Looloo." I smile.

"Love you munchkin." He chuckles.

"So, Luciana ate her food okay?"

"Yep." Logan says, "Also, Elise dressed Luci."

"What did she put her in?" I ask, being curious.