04B| Shivi TS: A Letter ✓

Introduction /Setting :-

It was a normal day for Shiva Pandya. The same monotonous routine but something he did not find monotonous because he loved his work, his company. When he had walked out of his house 8 years back with the blessings of Gaumbi, Dhara and Suman, with determination to succeed and make his dream come true, with the driving ambition needed for it to come true, he had not known where his fate would lead him. Each step away from his family was akin to a thorn stabbed on his heart. But the fulfillment of dreams demanded sacrifices and he knew this was needed. And now, after years of hardwork, his company had become largely successful. Best wishes had been showered on him from his family and despite missing them, something seemed to hold him back from visiting his house. For a man like Shiva, to whom family was above everything, this was against his nature. But Shiva knew his instincts which had anchored him in the storm of competition, malpractice and greed and helped him reach ashore without much loss wouldn't or more appropriately couldn't be wrong and so he stayed put.

Gulping down the last bit of tea in his glass, he looked out of the window of his flat on the 7th floor. Despite having enough money, he still stayed in the flat that had provided him shelter in his initial struggling days. This place had witnessed a major part of his life, struggles and reactions and that's why was very close to his heart. It had begun to rain heavily, which was very unnatural given it was peak summer. He sighed deeply looking at it. Something did not feel right. He had this feeling and a certain restlessness from morning that something was wrong and he just couldn't push away that feeling. His immediate reaction had been calling his family but somehow, his own instincts stopped him from doing so and he heeded to them.

But the question remained. What was wrong?

As if an answer to his question, the doorbell rang pushing him out of his thoughts. He opened the door and was slightly surprised to receive a letter addressed to him. It actually felt weird. Who would send a letter when it was the era of mobiles? He took the letter and closed the door.

Frowning, he opened the envelope as all that was written on the envelope was his address. He opened the letter even as he sat down to read. And just as he began, the very first line left him completely shocked!

So what do you think is such in the letter that the very first line has left him shocked? Who has written the letter?

Love,
Pratyusha