(02)

Part 02: Badke Kaka's pov

All of us walked into the house after she left. I knew all were still guilty because what they had done with her was quite unjust towards her. I do hope they had also seen the hurt in her eyes as she left the house without turning to look back even once! The last look in her eyes - it seemed so hollow that it scares me now. Has my child lost the essence she had within her?

I felt anger and disgust rise in me at myself. Caught in this storm of emotions , I just walked to my room and shut the door. I heard Radhaji calling me but I did not reply. I wanted to be left alone for now.

How could I allow this to have happened? Why dint I say anything when Anuji just went on and on maligning my child's character? Not one word escaped my mouth defending her except one or two lines. Devji's promise of giving her everything, taking care of her - I don't know how much it'll hold because I have never seen him successful in keeping his wife in control when she's spitting nonsense! Yes, all my respect for her despite her bitterness ceased to exist the moment she spoke rubbish about Aditya and Imlie!

I know both of them and they aren't capable of doing what she's claiming! My child is innocent and lively, naive yet mature and she's already been leading a difficult life. She's the daughter of this house and not some servant. Yet everybody chose to abandon her without any qualms and I too just sided by them? Being the elder of the house, couldn't I have explained that choosing between daughter and daughter-in-law is never a choice since both are family. We can't chose one abandoning the other!

It has been quite less time since I have known her as compared to my children Rupi and Nishant. But I know I love her as much if not more. And the father in me knows my child wouldn't do anything which can break a family apart.

Aditya and Malini - they have grown very distant. But there must be something big which has caused so much differences among them. Aditya is surely hiding something which is the reason these differences are increasing day by day.

Yes the next step to be taken is talking to Aditya. I'll have to find out what the truth is. That way I might be able to get Imlie out of the hell she's gone to. Taunts and rebukes are what she would be subjected to in that house and nothing else.

With these thoughts in mind, I rested my head against the bed rest. That's when my eyes fell on Radhaji's sindoordani.

Did Malini take such a huge step just because of Imlie wearing sindoor? Why did that agitate her so much given Imlie had explained why she wears it even? Why did all start connecting Aditya and Imlie? Was it just because of Anuji's words? Have her words seated so deeply in our subconscious that this has started creating a doubt in everybody's mind? Why dint any of them have even this bit hesitation while blaming Imlie? Was it forgotten that she's the daughter of the house? One incident and her status is reduced to that of a housemaid?

Just how much hurt my child would have been!

Now it's enough! This matter has to sort out. Three lives are suffering because of something and now the truth has to come out. I need to speak with Adi!

Love,
Pratyusha