"James!" I exclaimed, "How are you doing?"

"Good, Luna!" he said giggling. I looked at his new set of clothing that I had given him. He had sweatpants and a t-shirt. 

"Now that's more comfy than a brick isn't it?"

He giggled and nodded his head. I handed him a piece of bread, as well as for his family and he scampered off. 

"Scarlett we need to-" as soon as Cody spoke April's head shot up. Her eyes grew wide with fear as a smirk played on Cody's face. 

"M-Mate," April stuttered, whispering. Cody came towards her as she cowered back, hitting her head against the bark of the tree. Cody's eyes filled with confusion and sadness, and some anger. He had continued to stalk towards her. I quickly stepped in between him and her. Cody's wolf let out a menacing growl. 

"Cody, not now," I spoke. "She's afraid." His wolf whimpered, but slowly backed away, watching me closely as I turned around and helped April up.

"Come on, let's get you to the pack house," I said to her as she took my hand and brought herself to her feet. 

"I-I'm n-n-not s-s-supposed-"April started.

"Yes, you are, you're a part of this pack, yes?"

She smiled gratefully and started to walk back with me to the pack house, with Cody grumbling behind us.

Once we arrived back to the pack house, I brought April up to the guest room with me. I let her take a shower, and placed some clothes for her, which included a white loose shirt, jeans and a cardigan. I walked down stairs to be greeted by Cody. His head snapped up once he saw me. 

"How is she? Is she okay? God she must-" 

"Cody, "I spoke interrupting him. "She's taking a shower right now and she'll come down when she's ready."

Cody nodded and started to walk around the kitchen.

"Cody, why are there such things as untouchables?" I asked, taking an M&M® out of a large bowl that was placed on the kitchen counter.

He shrugged, "To put them in their place, it's worse than omega, they're weak," he finished. I couldn't stand looking at him anymore. 

"What's going to happen to April?" I asked.

"She's lucky, because she's my mate, I saved her," he spoke with pride.

"Well, she spent at a minimum, eighteen years living in the cold, having barely enough to eat, and struggling to live. So, thank god for you, huh?" I spoke and his eyes softened, but before he could reply.

"S-S-Scarlett?" I heard April. I turned around and watched her walk down the stairs.

"Hey, April!" I exclaimed as she smiled and walked into the kitchen. She froze when she saw Cody.

"April, this is Cody and Cody this is-"

"April, I know," he said his eyes never leaving hers. 

April hid behind her long auburn locks of hair. Cody didn't say anything but advanced towards her. He touched her cheek and I saw her flinch from the touch. 

Cody kept his eyes on her, filled with love and admiration. But most of all, worry. It seemed to be that he didn't care that she was, or used to be an untouchable, he loved her anyway.

"WHY IS THERE AN UNTOUCHABLE IN THE PACK HOUSE?" Thaddeus boomed shaking the whole house from the outside. He stomped into the kitchen, Cody taking a protective stance in front of April. When Thaddeus entered the kitchen, he looked at the three of us before trying to get to April. 

I went in front of Thaddeus, which made him growl, still trying to get to April, his eyes were switching from brown to gold.

"Thaddeus," I said quietly placing my hand on his chest, he looked at me and seemed to calm down, but very slightly. He looked me in the eyes, I made sure to keep him calm, as he took deep long breaths. 

"She's Cody's mate," I told him slowly. He growled, his eyes turning completely gold. He pushed me off him and I slammed into the counter falling to the ground as many cartons started to fall. Thaddeus' head snapped to mine. His eyes filled with worry. 

"Darling, I-" he spoke as he ran to me, not able to find the right words. I held on to my side and stood up. 

"April will stay here with her mate," I seethed out, he just nodded worry and regret in his eyes. I stumbled out of the room. The stupid pain on my waist didn't seem to go away. 

"Scarlett!" Thaddeus shouted as I started to fall backwards.

"Fuck," I muttered.

I felt his arms wrap around me and bring me to his room. He placed me on his bed and shut the door as tears started to stream down his face. 

"Scarlett, I'm so sorry," he mumbled pacing around. 

"My wolf's a killer..." he began, "I shouldn't be allowed to have a mate what was-"

I couldn't comprehend what else he was saying, since my head began to throb, and sleep overcame me.

***

When I woke up Thaddeus was by my side already. I rolled my eyes and poked his cheek that was resting on the side of the mattress, while the rest of his body was on the floor.

"Darling," he breathed out.

"Thaddeus," I replied back.

His cheeks were tear-stained. I felt the strange attraction to kiss him, and comfort him. 

"I'm so sorry, I can't-"

"It's okay," I spoke, a small, fake smile making its way on my face.

"Your brother called," he spoke, after a long pause.

"Carter?"

"No, um, Jason."