Chapter 56: Weathering Storms

Zhilan spent the rest of the week ignoring text messages from Ji Jingwu. She knew that wouldn't stop, but she didn't want to deal with him. She clenched her fist when she felt her phone vibrate at lunch.

"Um, Zhilan?" Lu Xia asked, across from her.

"Yes?"

"You just broke your chopsticks." Zhuo Zhi finished for him.

She looked at her hand and sighed. "I'll be back."

As she was leaving the club lounge, Jiale and Qiao Chen walked in. She glowered at the youngest as they passed each other. He laughed nervously and sat down. There was a snicker from Jiale as he saw what happened.

"You really did it this time."

The sophomore huffed. "You think I don't know that?"

"By the way, why did you give away Zhilan's number? It's only gotten you into trouble with her."

Qiao Chen looked all around and gestured for everyone to lean in. "I know it wasn't the best choice. It was weird when Liangliang asked for it. But when he said Ji Jingwu wanted it, I had to give it."

"Why?" Jiale asked with a raised eyebrow.

"To see Captain's reaction, of course."

"Why would he care?" Lu Xia asked.

A grin slowly spread across Jiale's face. "Why would he care? They are just friends. Unless..."

Zhuo Zhi realized what direction they were going in and snickered. "That's one way to go about it."

The youngest grimaced. "Please, stop. She's my cousin."

Before they could continue, Zhilan walked back in. They all turned to look at her and she raised an eyebrow at them.

"What?"

"Nothing."

She narrowed her eyes, but sat down and continued eating.

"So how is Ji Jingwu?" Jiale asked innocently.

In response, a broken chopstick was thrown at his face.

Zhilan panted softly after many rounds against the pitching machine

Zhilan panted softly after many rounds against the pitching machine. She started cooling down her muscles. After she finished, she went up to the club office to collect her book bag. As she got there, she noticed Siyang standing by the white board. He had a clipboard in hand and was scribbling on the board.

She smiled. "Shouldn't you be home by now?"

He turned in surprise, but relaxed at seeing her. "I could ask you the same thing."

"I was just getting in some extra training. I'm about to leave. What about you?"

"There's a couple of things I want to do before I go."